Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can This be done?

Can This be done?

Andrew S.

I'm not sure if this can be done whit HTML but here I go:

I would like to create a set of questions let say 10 so someone can compare
an item from one company compared to another by clicking on the 1st company
with a yes or no, then the 2th company yes or no and then the third yes or
no for each of the ten questions.(this I know I can do no problem the next
part is what I am unsure of)

I would then like the total for each yes and no calculated at the bottom of
the column so a person can compare the total results.

Thanks in advance
Andrew S.

Cameron

Andrew S. wrote:

> I'm not sure if this can be done whit HTML but here I go:
>
> I would like to create a set of questions let say 10 so someone can compare
> an item from one company compared to another by clicking on the 1st company
> with a yes or no, then the 2th company yes or no and then the third yes or
> no for each of the ten questions.(this I know I can do no problem the next
> part is what I am unsure of)
>
> I would then like the total for each yes and no calculated at the bottom of
> the column so a person can compare the total results.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Andrew S.

Nope, for this you need a client side scripting language (Javascript) or
a server side scripting language (PHP, ASP), if you just want the
results immediately there then you would need to go for a client side
language

~Cameron

Andrew S.

Thanks Cameron,

I wasn't sure if there was something used with a form that could do it or
not?
Since I know nothing about PHP or ASP I will have to keep searching.

Thanks

Andrew S.

"Cameron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsau7a$8nl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andrew S. wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if this can be done whit HTML but here I go:
> >
> > I would like to create a set of questions let say 10 so someone can

compare
> > an item from one company compared to another by clicking on the 1st

company
> > with a yes or no, then the 2th company yes or no and then the third yes

or
> > no for each of the ten questions.(this I know I can do no problem the

next
> > part is what I am unsure of)
> >
> > I would then like the total for each yes and no calculated at the bottom

of
> > the column so a person can compare the total results.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Andrew S.
> >

> Nope, for this you need a client side scripting language (Javascript) or
> a server side scripting language (PHP, ASP), if you just want the
> results immediately there then you would need to go for a client side
> language
>
> ~Cameron

Hunter

"Andrew S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news17Gb.13052$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Cameron,
>
> I wasn't sure if there was something used with a form that could do it or
> not?
> Since I know nothing about PHP or ASP I will have to keep searching.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew S.

Hey Cameron - there's not a lot of sense in keeping searching. One of these
server side languages is the only answer. I'd suggest php if you have no
other experience. It's very easy to learn and I'm sure you could learn
enough of php in one day to create your survey. Ask you host if you're
connecting to a MySql or Postgres database - it's usually one or the other.
However - you could also do this using a flat file database.

Start your learning here: http://ca.php.net/tut.php

david

--------------------------------------
Exceptional Gift Basket's Online!
http://www.cranberrycorners.ca

Cameron

Hunter wrote:

<snip>

> Hey Cameron - there's not a lot of sense in keeping searching. One of these
> server side languages is the only answer. I'd suggest php if you have no
> other experience. It's very easy to learn and I'm sure you could learn
> enough of php in one day to create your survey. Ask you host if you're
> connecting to a MySql or Postgres database - it's usually one or the other.
> However - you could also do this using a flat file database.
>
> Start your learning here: http://ca.php.net/tut.php
>
> david
>
> --------------------------------------
> Exceptional Gift Basket's Online!
> http://www.cranberrycorners.ca

Trivial detail, I was replying to "Andrew S" he was the one with the
question

~Cameron

Hunter

"Cameron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsb166$9uh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hunter wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >
> > Hey Cameron - there's not a lot of sense in keeping searching. One of

these
> > server side languages is the only answer. I'd suggest php if you have no
> > other experience. It's very easy to learn and I'm sure you could learn
> > enough of php in one day to create your survey. Ask you host if you're
> > connecting to a MySql or Postgres database - it's usually one or the

other.
> > However - you could also do this using a flat file database.
> >
> > Start your learning here: http://ca.php.net/tut.php
> >
> > david

> > Exceptional Gift Basket's Online!
> > http://www.cranberrycorners.ca
> >

> Trivial detail, I was replying to "Andrew S" he was the one with the
> question
>
> ~Cameron

Ha ha - you're right Cameron. I meant to write 'Hey Andrew' ! lol.

david