Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Please Help ASAP!

Please Help ASAP!

Snir

Hi All.

I have a question which may seem simple to those who are familiar with
web-design, so if you will please answer my question THAT'LL BE
ABSOLUTELY GREAT!

I am working on a website and I have generated a CSS-Based navigation
bar. I poster the code on the website, and I have a problem - I have
placed the navbar on the left side of my website, and now ALL OF MY
OTHER CONTENT THAT IS CENTERED APPEARS BELOW THE NAVIGATION BAR!!! EG:

***
***
***
***
***
(NAVBAR ABOVE)

SSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
(CENTERED CONTENT)

You see, I would like to know how to make my website look like the
following:

***** 1111111111111
*****
***** 1111111111111
*****
***** 1111111111111
(navbar) (centered content)

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT CODE OR WHAT NOT I SHOULD PUT ON MY SOURCE,
THAT'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL AND A WHOLE LOTTA HELP!

Your help is GREATLY appreciated,

Snir Levi.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Snir:

> Hi All.
>
> I have a question ...

I'll bet you weren't happy with all the answers you received
yesterday... eh?

--
-bts
-This space intentionally offering newsreader classes, cheap.

Ryan Stewart

Put it in a table.

"Snir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi All.
>
> I have a question which may seem simple to those who are familiar with
> web-design, so if you will please answer my question THAT'LL BE
> ABSOLUTELY GREAT!
>
> I am working on a website and I have generated a CSS-Based navigation
> bar. I poster the code on the website, and I have a problem - I have
> placed the navbar on the left side of my website, and now ALL OF MY
> OTHER CONTENT THAT IS CENTERED APPEARS BELOW THE NAVIGATION BAR!!! EG:
>
> ***
> ***
> ***
> ***
> ***
> (NAVBAR ABOVE)
>

> SSS
> SSSSSSSSSSS
> SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
> (CENTERED CONTENT)
>
> You see, I would like to know how to make my website look like the
> following:
>

> ***** 1111111111111
> *****
> ***** 1111111111111
> *****
> ***** 1111111111111
> (navbar) (centered content)
>
> IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT CODE OR WHAT NOT I SHOULD PUT ON MY SOURCE,
> THAT'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL AND A WHOLE LOTTA HELP!
>
> Your help is GREATLY appreciated,
>
> Snir Levi.

David Dorward

Don't put it in a table: http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
And learn how to use Usenet: http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

Leif K-Brooks

Snir wrote:
> I have a question

Which was answered yesterday. I gave an example of how to get the layout
you want, which is still at
http://tw.ecritters.biz/html_examples/leftbar_center/.

brucie

in post <news:(E-Mail Removed). com>