Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Help Needed!

Help Needed!

Snir

Hi All.

I have a question which may seem simple to those who are familiar with
web-design, so if you will please answer my question THAT'LL BE
ABSOLUTELY GREAT!

I am working on a website and I have generated a CSS-Based navigation
bar. I poster the code on the website, and I have a problem - I have
placed the navbar on the left side of my website, and now ALL OF MY
OTHER CONTENT THAT IS CENTERED APPEARS BELOW THE NAVIGATION BAR!!! EG:

***
***
***
***
***
(NAVBAR ABOVE)

SSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
(CENTERED CONTENT)

You see, I would like to know how to make my website look like the
following:

***** 1111111111111
*****
***** 1111111111111
*****
***** 1111111111111
(navbar) (centered content)

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT CODE OR WHAT NOT I SHOULD PUT ON MY SOURCE,
THAT'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL AND A WHOLE LOTTA HELP!

Your help is GREATLY appreciated,

Snir Levi.

Cameron

Snir wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I have a question which may seem simple to those who are familiar with
> web-design, so if you will please answer my question THAT'LL BE
> ABSOLUTELY GREAT!
>
> I am working on a website and I have generated a CSS-Based navigation
> bar. I poster the code on the website, and I have a problem - I have
> placed the navbar on the left side of my website, and now ALL OF MY
> OTHER CONTENT THAT IS CENTERED APPEARS BELOW THE NAVIGATION BAR!!! EG:

<snip>
> IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT CODE OR WHAT NOT I SHOULD PUT ON MY SOURCE,
> THAT'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL AND A WHOLE LOTTA HELP!
>
> Your help is GREATLY appreciated,
>
> Snir Levi.

Although I feel inclined to make ye olde crystal ball joke here, I will
just say, it would take a lot of guessing to tell you what code not to
put if we don't know what code you have put... i.e. where is the code?

~Cameron

Leif K-Brooks

Snir wrote:
> You see, I would like to know how to make my website look like the
> following:
>

> ***** 1111111111111
> *****
> ***** 1111111111111
> *****
> ***** 1111111111111
> (navbar) (centered content)

http://tw.ecritters.biz/html_examples/leftbar_center/

Jay

"Cameron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bs7iie$fjk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Snir wrote:

<snip />

> Although I feel inclined to make ye olde crystal ball joke here, I will
> just say, it would take a lot of guessing to tell you what code not to
> put if we don't know what code you have put... i.e. where is the code?

The crystal ball could be retired if someone could just get their hands on
Jonny Carson's mind-reading hat...

rf

"Snir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi All.
>
> I have a question which may seem simple to those who are familiar with
> web-design, so if you will please answer my question THAT'LL BE
> ABSOLUTELY GREAT!

There is no need to shout.

> I am working on a website and I have generated a CSS-Based navigation
> bar. I poster the code on the website, and I have a problem - I have
> placed the navbar on the left side of my website, and now ALL OF MY
> OTHER CONTENT THAT IS CENTERED APPEARS BELOW THE NAVIGATION BAR!!!

There is no need to shout.

<snip example>

This example is insufficient to even attempt to quess what your problem is,
such as:

Did you float the navbar left?
Did you provide a left hand margin for the content?

Please post a URL to the site in question.

> IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT CODE OR WHAT NOT I SHOULD PUT ON MY SOURCE,
> THAT'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL AND A WHOLE LOTTA HELP!

There is no need to SHOUT!

Cheers
Richard.