Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Web submission

Web submission

Ross Mac

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design thing and finally got my site
completed (as if that EVER happens). My question is what is the best way to
get your site submitted on the search engines. So far I have submitted it to
most of the main search engines and freewebsubmission.com but it has been
over a month and only Alta Vista seems to show it. I did follow the advice
on several sites on Meta Tags, but am still waiting for results.
Thanks in advance for any help here....Ross

Steve R.

Ross Mac wrote in message ...
> So far I have submitted it to
> most of the main search engines.

What's the URL ?

We can analyse the content etc and *advise* you
how to modify items to improve your ratings :~)

Steve.

PeterMcC

Ross Mac wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design thing and finally got my site
> completed (as if that EVER happens). My question is what is the best
> way to get your site submitted on the search engines. So far I have
> submitted it to most of the main search engines and
> freewebsubmission.com but it has been over a month and only Alta
> Vista seems to show it. I did follow the advice on several sites on
> Meta Tags, but am still waiting for results. Thanks in advance for
> any help here....Ross

Get someone - anyone - with a page that's already on Google's database to
put a link to your site. The spider will follow the link next time it visits
their page and it'll find your site.

As a bonus, if the link text contains your keyword(s), Google will give them
extra weighting when evaluating the page's place in the results of searches
for the keyword(s).

A URL might get more site-specific advice.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Davmagic .Com

>From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
>(Ross*Mac)
>Hi Folks,
>I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design
>thing and finally got my site completed (as
>if that EVER happens). My question is
>what is the best way to get your site
>submitted on the search engines.

We offer an Exchange Links page... look here... you could improve your
ranking at Search Engines: http://davmagic.com/PAGES8.html

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
INFO 2000 For You
http://www.davmagic.com
See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

Duende

While sitting in a puddle PeterMcC scribbled in the mud:

> Ross Mac wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design thing and finally got my
>> site completed (as if that EVER happens). My question is what is the
>> best way to get your site submitted on the search engines. So far I
>> have submitted it to most of the main search engines and
>> freewebsubmission.com but it has been over a month and only Alta
>> Vista seems to show it. I did follow the advice on several sites on
>> Meta Tags, but am still waiting for results. Thanks in advance for
>> any help here....Ross

> Get someone - anyone - with a page that's already on Google's database
> to put a link to your site. The spider will follow the link next time
> it visits their page and it'll find your site.
>
> As a bonus, if the link text contains your keyword(s), Google will
> give them extra weighting when evaluating the page's place in the
> results of searches for the keyword(s).

Send me cash & I will put a lunk on me site for you.

Meta tags mean nothing. SE spiders ignor them. Page titles & <h1> tags
that contain the keywords will get you the best results.

--
Duende
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps

Ross Mac

"Steve R." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kk3Fb.2141$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ross Mac wrote in message ...
> > So far I have submitted it to
> > most of the main search engines.

> What's the URL ?
>
> We can analyse the content etc and *advise* you
> how to modify items to improve your ratings :~)
>
> Steve.

I didn't leave the URL because I didn't want to use this fine forum for
advertising...but since you asked...here it is..
http://macroeng.home.att.net .... I am retired from the biz but I do some
work from time to time.... It is mostly a site to move my parts...thanks and
have great holiday....Ross

Ross Mac

"PeterMcC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bt3Fb.3354$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> Ross Mac wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design thing and finally got my site
> > completed (as if that EVER happens). My question is what is the best
> > way to get your site submitted on the search engines. So far I have
> > submitted it to most of the main search engines and
> > freewebsubmission.com but it has been over a month and only Alta
> > Vista seems to show it. I did follow the advice on several sites on
> > Meta Tags, but am still waiting for results. Thanks in advance for
> > any help here....Ross

> Get someone - anyone - with a page that's already on Google's database to
> put a link to your site. The spider will follow the link next time it

visits
> their page and it'll find your site.
>
> As a bonus, if the link text contains your keyword(s), Google will give

them
> extra weighting when evaluating the page's place in the results of

searches
> for the keyword(s).
>
> A URL might get more site-specific advice.
>
> --
> PeterMcC
> If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
> inappropriate or offensive in any way,
> please ignore it and accept my apologies.

I certainly appreciate all who have responded ....Thanks again....Ross

Leif K-Brooks

Davmagic .Com wrote:
> We offer an Exchange Links page... look here... you could improve your
> ranking at Search Engines: http://davmagic.com/PAGES8.html

Such pages don't do much to Google ranking. From Google Hacks:

Bad neighborhoods are those sites that exist only to propagate links.
Because link popularity is one aspect of how Google determines PageRank,
some sites have set up "link farms"--sites that exist only for the
purpose of building site popularity with bunches of links. The links are
not topical, like a specialty subject index, and they're not
well-reviewed, like Yahoo!; they're just a pile of links. Another
example of a "bad neighborhood" is a general FFA page. FFA stands for
"free for all"; it's a page where anyone can add their link. Linking to
pages like that is grounds for penalty from Google.

Now, what happens if a page like that links to you? Will Google penalize
you (sic) page? No. Google accepts that you have no control over who
links to your site.

Steve R.

Davmagic .Com wrote in message ...
> We offer an Exchange Links page.

But YOU don't have a LINKS page on YOUR website so YOU are the only one to benefit.

Steve :~(

Cameron

Davmagic .Com wrote:
>>From: (E-Mail Removed)lid
>>(Ross Mac)
>>Hi Folks,
>>I'm a bit of a newbie at this web design
>>thing and finally got my site completed (as
>>if that EVER happens). My question is
>>what is the best way to get your site
>>submitted on the search engines.

> We offer an Exchange Links page... look here... you could improve your
> ranking at Search Engines: http://davmagic.com/PAGES8.html
>
> Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
> INFO 2000 For You
> http://www.davmagic.com
> See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
> Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

Wow, you really like WebTV and $1000 for a PC?! lol
*Pats marvin* you didn't cost that much did ya ol' chap

~Cameron