Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > difficult xsl transform clarification

difficult xsl transform clarification

Greg

A and B can be anything, another words those elements are variable.

I need to transform:
<A> x <\A>
<A> y <\A>
<B> i <\B>
<B> j <\B>
<B> k <\B>

into:
<A>
<P> x <\P>
<P> y <\P>
</A>
<B>
<P> i <\P>
<P> j <\P>
<P> k <\P>
</B>

There seems no easy way to do that. Am I missing somethig? I tried
using variables, but they cannot be reassigned within the same
context. Anyone?

Thx

Colin Savage

You want to do grouping. The agreed best method is the meunchian method
which you can find here

http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/index.html

Also if you search through the archives of this group, there is a
modification using the exslt distinct function.

Colin

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> A and B can be anything, another words those elements are variable.
>

> I need to transform:
> <A> x <\A>
> <A> y <\A>
> <B> i <\B>
> <B> j <\B>
> <B> k <\B>
>
> into:
> <A>
> <P> x <\P>
> <P> y <\P>
> </A>
> <B>
> <P> i <\P>
> <P> j <\P>
> <P> k <\P>
> </B>
>
> There seems no easy way to do that. Am I missing somethig? I tried
> using variables, but they cannot be reassigned within the same
> context. Anyone?
>
> Thx

difficult xsl transform Greg Javascript 1 12-19-2003 08:59 AM
difficult xsl transform Greg HTML 1 12-19-2003 08:59 AM
difficult xsl transform Greg XML 1 12-19-2003 08:59 AM
difficult xsl transform clarification Greg Javascript 1 12-19-2003 06:54 AM
difficult xsl transform clarification Greg XML 1 12-19-2003 06:54 AM

Advertisments