Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Rather ridiculous/OT but Im sharing this :p

Rather ridiculous/OT but Im sharing this :p

Rob

It was, after all, too funny not to share!

I got an email from http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) - rather upset that the flash
e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was in our
addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

She was trying to convince me that our B2B marketing strategy was all wrong,
and that we are all idiots, because we are not developing flash animations
which are compatible with the (mostly home users base) web TV platform...
well, after a few silly emails, I got this one from her...

"Nate" is her partner, I believe.

</begin silly quote>
I just showed Nate your e-mails. He thinks you are very narrow minded &
you are talking ****! He works for the #4 defense company in THE WORLD
......you know the people that develop weapons to either defend or bomb
your sorry ass! They also create the communications that the military
uses for tracking & targeting, etc. Get the picture? So he has well over
10,000 computers that run a form of webtv and also "cater" to business
people. They have his company's technology in hotels ALL over the world.
The bottom line is that the stuff YOU do is NOT compatible with these
types of systems and we are talking EVERY major hotel in the world!!!!!
Everyone of his boxes runs on macromedia flash & neither his R&D nor
customers even think about upgrading just to see YOUR stupid Christmas
card!

Nate KNOWS what he is talking about. You want to talk BULLSHIT about
computers? Talk to Nate! I don't want your stuck up pansy ass attitude on my
tv! "I don't care".
You sure don't! Except for yourself! </end silly quote>

I mean come on... what are people like! lol

Grunff

Rob wrote:

> It was, after all, too funny not to share!
>
> I got an email from (E-Mail Removed) - rather upset that the flash
> e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was in our
> addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

<snip much funnyness>

You've just provided me with the first meaningful argument for
all-Flash sites. I may be converted yet.

--
Grunff

Chuck

news:brsg3f$km9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It was, after all, too funny not to share!
>
> I got an email from (E-Mail Removed) - rather upset that the flash
> e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was in our
> addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

<snip>

I would take her off of your Christmas card list. HAHA What a bitch!

Joel Shepherd

Rob wrote:
> It was, after all, too funny not to share!
>
> I got an email from <anon> - rather upset that
> the flash e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was
> in our addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

What legitimate company posts a customer's e-mail address on Usenet?

--
Joel.

brucie

in post <news:brsg3f$km9$(E-Mail Removed)>
Rob said:

> I got an email from (E-Mail Removed) - rather upset that the flash
> e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was in our
> addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

my majical webtv viewers 2.6 and 2.8 support flash so maybe she has a
legitimate complaint.

--
brucie
19/December/2003 06:57:04 am kilo

Rob

She's not even a client, but... can you test the card for me mate. The
address is www.designfishstudio.com/xmas

> my majical webtv viewers 2.6 and 2.8 support flash so maybe she has a
> legitimate complaint.
>

> --
> brucie
> 19/December/2003 06:57:04 am kilo

brucie

in post <news:brt8vd$q1f$(E-Mail Removed)>
Rob said:

>> my majical webtv viewers 2.6 and 2.8 support flash so maybe she has a
>> legitimate complaint.

> She's not even a client, but... can you test the card for me mate. The
> address is www.designfishstudio.com/xmas

doesn't work. a direct link to the swf doesn't work either so it must be
something with your flash rather than the markup. i had a quick look
around other flash sites and they all work.

please don't toppost

How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

--
brucie
19/December/2003 08:25:53 am kilo