Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Dir2html

Dir2html

Goudwinde

Hi,..

Iīm looking for a program thatīs able to
scan a complete harddisk and output a nice HTML
file that points to all *.exe files found on HD.

Somebody knows a program like that ?

Thanx,.

rf

"Goudwinde" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZYBDb.33629$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,..
>
> Iīm looking for a program thatīs able to
> scan a complete harddisk and output a nice HTML
> file that points to all *.exe files found on HD.
>
> Somebody knows a program like that ?

No but if you email me a couple of hundred dollars I'll build one for you.
Seems like a rather simple exercise, about 50 lines of C++ code. How
*nice*do you want the HTML file to be?

Cheers
Richard.

brucie

in post <news:ZYBDb.33629$(E-Mail Removed)>
Goudwinde said:

> Iīm looking for a program thatīs able to
> scan a complete harddisk and output a nice HTML
> file that points to all *.exe files found on HD.
>
> Somebody knows a program like that ?

yes i found one using a search engine in a few seconds that seems to do
just what you want.

i'll tell you the URL if you send me $5. or you can RTFM to find out how
lookout express rot13s http://pnznybgqrfvtaf.com/fbsgjner/KSY/

--
brucie
16/December/2003 09:54:32 pm kilo

Michel

I can help you for free. Write you a little php code to do the trick for
you.
Gimmie a shout.

Mich

"Goudwinde" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZYBDb.33629$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,..
>
> Iīm looking for a program thatīs able to
> scan a complete harddisk and output a nice HTML
> file that points to all *.exe files found on HD.
>
> Somebody knows a program like that ?
>
> Thanx,.

Chris Morris

"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "Goudwinde" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Iīm looking for a program thatīs able to
> > scan a complete harddisk and output a nice HTML
> > file that points to all *.exe files found on HD.
> >
> > Somebody knows a program like that ?

> No but if you email me a couple of hundred dollars I'll build one for you.
> Seems like a rather simple exercise, about 50 lines of C++ code. How
> *nice*do you want the HTML file to be?

50 lines of C++, or one Unix shell command...

--
Chris

rf

"Chris Morris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > "Goudwinde" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > Iīm looking for a program thatīs able to
> > > scan a complete harddisk and output a nice HTML
> > > file that points to all *.exe files found on HD.
> > >
> > > Somebody knows a program like that ?

> > No but if you email me a couple of hundred dollars I'll build one for

you.
> > Seems like a rather simple exercise, about 50 lines of C++ code. How
> > *nice*do you want the HTML file to be?

> 50 lines of C++, or one Unix shell command...

<grin/>

Doesn't validate

Point taken though.

Cheers
Richard.

Mark Parnell

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:23:17 +0100, Michel declared in alt.html:
> Gimmie a shout.

AAAARRGGGGHHH!

BTW: Please don't post upside-down.

Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Grunff

brucie wrote:

> i'll tell you the URL if you send me $5. or you can RTFM to find out how
> lookout express rot13s http://pnznybgqrfvtaf.com/fbsgjner/KSY/

Admit it, you do it for the kicks, right?

--
Grunff

brucie

in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
Grunff said:

>> i'll tell you the URL if you send me $5. or you can RTFM to find out how
>> lookout express rot13s http://pnznybgqrfvtaf.com/fbsgjner/KSY/

i couldn't help myself, i'm sure the OP is just as capable as anyone
else of using a search engine.

> Admit it, you do it for the kicks, right?

no, sex. its always for the sex.

--
brucie
17/December/2003 08:59:50 am kilo

Steven Dyk

I've been using, and happy with SuperCat, from no-nonsense-software.com.

Steve D