Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css float / overflow problem

css float / overflow problem

Peter

I've got a demopage on www.estetika.org/niwo

I've got two problems with it:

1. the page is basicly divided into 3 columns, the first has a relative
width the second and third absolute. The columns are not the same height,
while I have a height:100% in the css for all relevant div's. I've tried
removing the declaration of xhtml whichg makes IE 6 go into 'bug-mode' which
kind of helps, but not enough. And I can't really have IE 6 in bug-mode for
the site.

2. The middle column has a absolute position and fixed width. But this
column is grouped with the first in a container div and when the second
column has more content height than the first it overflows...

If someone can shed some light?

html: www.estetika.org/niwo/
css: www.estetika.org/niwo/css/layout.css

thanks!

Peter

brucie

in post <news:brl029$ieo$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl>
Peter said:

> I've got a demopage on http://www.estetika.org/niwo
> 1. the page is basicly divided into 3 columns, the first has a relative
> width the second and third absolute. The columns are not the same height,
> while I have a height:100% in the css for all relevant div's. I've tried
> removing the declaration of xhtml whichg makes IE 6 go into 'bug-mode' which
> kind of helps, but not enough. And I can't really have IE 6 in bug-mode for
> the site.
>
> 2. The middle column has a absolute position and fixed width. But this
> column is grouped with the first in a container div and when the second
> column has more content height than the first it overflows...

not supported by IE.
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...thingy-01.html

--
brucie