Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Page cannot be displayed...

Page cannot be displayed...

Ixon

Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it cannot
connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?

Thanks in advance.
--
Ixon

brucie

in post <news:brhu2i$pq5$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ixon said:

> Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it cannot
> connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?

modify the AboutURLs section of the registry to point to your own error
pages.

--
brucie
15/December/2003 07:43:45 am kilo

Michael Wilcox

Ixon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it cannot
> connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

If you can do .htaccess then that would be best.
http://www.google.com/search?q=custom+404
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com

Jukka K. Korpela

"Michael Wilcox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ixon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it
>> cannot connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ...
>> etc. ") ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

> If you can do .htaccess then that would be best.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=custom+404

Well, .htaccess can hardly help if the browser cannot connect to the
internet.

The original question is somewhat obscure, and it might have been meant
to ask something else than it actually did. But as posed, the question
hardly has any other answer than "edit the Windows registry".

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Ixon

Uzytkownik "brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> napisal w
wiadomosci news:brinva$3p8dm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> in post <news:brhu2i$pq5$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Ixon said:
>
> > Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it

cannot
> > connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?

> modify the AboutURLs section of the registry to point to your own

error
> pages.

How can I find this "AboutURLs section" ?

-Ixon

brucie

in post <news:brkci5$op8$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ixon said:

>> modify the AboutURLs section of the registry to point to your own
>> error pages.

> How can I find this "AboutURLs section" ?

i don't want to be responsible for your misery when it all falls apart
so just google for how to customize abouturls.

--
brucie
16/December/2003 12:10:37 am kilo