Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Site mapper programs?

Site mapper programs?

LRW

Are there any good programs (free or shareware) that help someone make a
site-map or flowchart for a proposed Web design? Before the site is made?
I used Visio in my last job, and it was great! Unfortunately I don't work
there anymore and don't have access to it.
Dreamweaver has a good visual rep of a site flowchart...but it's based off
of the created site.
I need something to help me make a visual representation of the pages and
their link to each other and a database, etc, to show clients.

I guess I could use Fireworks or Illustrator and just draw everything by
hand...but it'd be nice to have something with built in Web symbols and
such.

Thanks for any ideas!!
Liam
druid att celticbear dott com

William Tasso

LRW wrote:
> Are there any good programs (free or shareware) that help someone
> make a site-map or flowchart for a proposed Web design? Before the
> site is made? I used Visio in my last job, and it was great!
> Unfortunately I don't work there anymore and don't have access to it.
> Dreamweaver has a good visual rep of a site flowchart...but it's
> based off of the created site.
> I need something to help me make a visual representation of the pages
> and their link to each other and a database, etc, to show clients.
>
> I guess I could use Fireworks or Illustrator and just draw everything
> by hand...but it'd be nice to have something with built in Web
> symbols and such.

As you say, Visio is good for this. Alternatively, ms-powerpoint and
ms-word are both good with block diagrams.

There is usually something given away on the cd attched to the PC comics -
IIRC it's called smartdraw or somesuch.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Long

:
: I guess I could use Fireworks or Illustrator and just draw everything by
: hand...but it'd be nice to have something with built in Web symbols and
: such.
:
For creating quick live demos, I would recommend WebCharm Free, but
the licensing is for non-commercial use only.

Long
www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

Ian Miller

LRW wrote:
> Are there any good programs (free or shareware) that help someone make a
> site-map or flowchart for a proposed Web design? Before the site is made?
> I used Visio in my last job, and it was great! Unfortunately I don't work
> there anymore and don't have access to it.
> Dreamweaver has a good visual rep of a site flowchart...but it's based off
> of the created site.
> I need something to help me make a visual representation of the pages and
> their link to each other and a database, etc, to show clients.
>
> I guess I could use Fireworks or Illustrator and just draw everything by
> hand...but it'd be nice to have something with built in Web symbols and
> such.
>
> Thanks for any ideas!!
> Liam
> druid att celticbear dott com

The OpenOffice.org draw program has many of the feature of visio - and it's
free!

Ian M

LRW

"Ian Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bradtg$3lq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The OpenOffice.org draw program has many of the feature of visio - and

it's
> free!

Excellent! thanks a lot, I completely forgot about OpenOffice!
=)
Liam

LRW

"Ian Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bradtg$3lq$(E-Mail Removed)...

> The OpenOffice.org draw program has many of the feature of visio - and

it's
> free!

I was wondering, since you seem familiar with it...is there an add-on symbol
set somewhere meant for site design? Basic flowcharting symbols maybe? Like
the cylndrical icon for a database, a rectangle with something in the middle
to indicate a page...all stuff I can draw myself, but was hoping there was
already a symbol set. =)
Doesn't hurt to ask.
Thanks!
Liam

Ian

I'm actually going through a site redesign right now and just today
started mapping out the new site structure. I too needed something and
not having Visio, almost started in with Corel DRAW!

Then I came to reality and remembered an excellent piece of software I
remember using way back in 97... SmartDraw Pro. I downloaded the demo
and am in love again!

http://www.smartdraw.com

It has a 30 day free trial with full functionality.. the real product is
worth every penny.

Good luck,
Ian

LRW wrote:
> Are there any good programs (free or shareware) that help someone make a
> site-map or flowchart for a proposed Web design?

LRW

"Ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Then I came to reality and remembered an excellent piece of software I
> remember using way back in 97... SmartDraw Pro. I downloaded the demo
> and am in love again!
>
> http://www.smartdraw.com

Thanks for the tip!!

MyGeneration for .NET (100% Free Code Generator / OR Mapper) MyGeneration ASP .Net 0 01-25-2005 03:20 AM
Best _production ready_ O/R mapper for dot.net Flare ASP .Net 8 09-24-2004 11:48 AM
JDO or O/R Mapper ? Deepak Nayal Java 5 02-12-2004 02:59 AM
simple web site mapper Dan Jacobson Perl Misc 4 07-24-2003 06:54 PM
Re: Looking for web page site mapper Nico Schuyt HTML 1 07-13-2003 12:22 PM

Advertisments