Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Price per html Page?

Price per html Page?

Maflu

Hello,
I have to give a price per page to a potential customer for his website.
There are about 50 pages. I will receive the images ready to be
integrated and I have to write html and css code and integrate
ready-made textual content. Also I have to create a drop-down menu.

How much do you think I can ask for this service?

I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
per page so it is difficult to decide...

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Ted

Sid Ismail

:
: How much do you think I can ask for this service?
:
: I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
: per page so it is difficult to decide...

Images provided, one external CSS, ready-made textual content.

Charge the absolute minimum then. 30 Euros. And thank him.

Sid

Augustus

"Maflu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fd759be$0$28705$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I have to give a price per page to a potential customer for his website.
> There are about 50 pages. I will receive the images ready to be
> integrated and I have to write html and css code and integrate
> ready-made textual content. Also I have to create a drop-down menu.
>
> How much do you think I can ask for this service?
>
> I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
> per page so it is difficult to decide...

If you are going around the net comparing prices, one thing to keep in mind
is that there is a big difference between creating a 1 or 2 page website
versus replicating the same page over and over again and just changing
images and textual content

For this job, you might look and see how many of these pages you can do an
hour and come up with an hourly rate based upon that and then factor in the
time to create the first page, the css, the drop down menu and little tweaks
and changes

SAZ

In article <3fd759be$0$28705$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hello,
> I have to give a price per page to a potential customer for his website.
> There are about 50 pages. I will receive the images ready to be
> integrated and I have to write html and css code and integrate
> ready-made textual content. Also I have to create a drop-down menu.
>
> How much do you think I can ask for this service?
>
> I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
> per page so it is difficult to decide...
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Cheers
>
> Ted

Keep it reasonable. It will probably be a lot of cut and paste, so a
flat price per page will not get this job.

I advise that you price this on the anticipated hours, at whatever your
time is worth, and then add 10% to account for unforseen problems.

In my case, I figure to take about an hour per page. At US$60/hr for 50
pages. US$3000 plus 10% would be $3300. Where I live, that would be
considered very reasonable.

maflu

Thanks a lot to the contributors on this thread. SAZ, funny that you
mention $3300 because I was about to suggest this exact same price...
It should be the right price then.

Cheers

Ted

Marc Nadeau

Augustus a écrit:

> "Maflu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fd759be$0$28705$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>> I have to give a price per page to a potential customer for his website.
>> There are about 50 pages. I will receive the images ready to be
>> integrated and I have to write html and css code and integrate
>> ready-made textual content. Also I have to create a drop-down menu.
>>
>> How much do you think I can ask for this service?
>>
>> I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
>> per page so it is difficult to decide...

> If you are going around the net comparing prices, one thing to keep in
> mind is that there is a big difference between creating a 1 or 2 page
> website versus replicating the same page over and over again and just
> changing images and textual content
>
> For this job, you might look and see how many of these pages you can do an
> hour and come up with an hourly rate based upon that and then factor in
> the time to create the first page, the css, the drop down menu and little
> tweaks and changes

We apply the same reasoning.

I use to charge between 500 to 1000 CAN $ for the original design (first
page). Then it's between 25 to 50 $ a page.

The price variation is due to the complexity of the pages and the client's
implication.

For more than 50 pages i suggest installing a Content Management System
(perl/PHP and mysql/postgresql.
I'ts between 2500 and 3000 $, pre-configured and styled.

You should also offer your services for site and email management.
This is recursive money.

Marc Nadeau
La Pagerie
http://www.pagerie.com

--
Ta mere est tellement petite qu'en sautant de la cuvette des chiottes
elle s'est fait une entorse.