Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Filling table of cell with <input> fields

Filling table of cell with <input> fields

Shef

I'd like to completely fill the width of a cell in a table with an input
field. This code works ok:

The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text" is
very long, then the input grows to accommodate it. It will even make the
table wider than the screen.

How do I get the input to be the specified size, and not grow? I'd like the
text to scroll horizontally within the text box, as it does when no
style="width:100%" has been specified.

brucie

in post <news:(E-Mail Removed). com>
Shef said:

> The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text" is
> very long, then the input grows to accommodate it.

looks like a bug. it doesn't occur with modern browsers.

--
brucie
10/December/2003 09:43:03 am kilo

Chris

> > The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text"
is
> > very long, then the input grows to accommodate it.

> looks like a bug. it doesn't occur with modern browsers.

It happens with IE 6.0. Try it.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:31:06 -0600, Chris is reported to have
stated:

>> looks like a bug. it doesn't occur with modern browsers.
>>

> It happens with IE 6.0. Try it.

As brucie said, it's a bug. It doesn't happen in modern browsers.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Leif K-Brooks