Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > 2 targets

2 targets

Douglas

I have a web site that use frames, to simplify it as below

FRAME 1 | Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4
FRAME 2 |

FRAME 3 |

Frame 1 has 4 links of which the 1st 3 link directly to Frame 3.
The Link 4 in Frame 1 opens a page on Frame 2.
Frame 2 has many links which open pages in Frame 3 only if Link 4 is
selected otherwise I want Frame 2 to be blank

I use the latest Dreamweaver and would like to know, is it possible to
link to 2 separate frames when clickin links in Frame 1
ie links 1, 2 and 3 in Frame 1 would open a blank page in Frame 2 and
a page in Frame 3
and link 4 in Frame 1 would open a page of links in Frame 2.
Dreamweaver only lets me specify one target

Hope this makes sense

TIA

Doug

brucie

in post <news:(E-Mail Removed). com>
Douglas said:

> I have a web site that use frames,

aaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa make the bad man stop!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/

--
brucie
07/December/2003 10:19:56 am kilo

William Tasso

Douglas wrote:
> I have a web site that use frames

Foolish boy.

> Dreamweaver only lets me specify one target

On a mission? Have you tried less demanding environments?

> Hope this makes sense

Yes in that if you hobble your chances of success then any small gain is
going to be difficult to to achieve.

No, as they say in Eire "If I was going there, I wouldn't be starting from
here"

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

DU

Douglas wrote:

> I have a web site that use frames, to simplify it as below

> FRAME 1 | Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4
> FRAME 2 |
>

> FRAME 3 |

> Frame 1 has 4 links of which the 1st 3 link directly to Frame 3.
> The Link 4 in Frame 1 opens a page on Frame 2.
> Frame 2 has many links which open pages in Frame 3 only if Link 4 is
> selected otherwise I want Frame 2 to be blank
>
> I use the latest Dreamweaver and would like to know, is it possible to
> link to 2 separate frames when clickin links in Frame 1
> ie links 1, 2 and 3 in Frame 1 would open a blank page in Frame 2 and
> a page in Frame 3
> and link 4 in Frame 1 would open a page of links in Frame 2.
> Dreamweaver only lets me specify one target
>
> Hope this makes sense
>
> TIA
>
> Doug

For many reasons others already have explained, website based on frames
is no longer recommendable anymore. Sorry.

DU

Barefoot Kid

"Douglas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
| I have a web site that use frames, to simplify it as below...

select the link and use a go to url behaviour for each page u want to open, don't forget to choose
onclick as the event
Hung Diep
New Media Designer
www.intro-spect.co.uk
0795 6576 319

ASP.NET 2.0 Menu control targets and selecting m_hansford@yahoo.com.au ASP .Net 2 01-15-2008 03:28 PM
passing different arguments to targets in ant sri Java 0 12-20-2004 01:04 PM
About multiple targets smu VHDL 7 11-28-2004 07:41 AM
form redirect to different targets Nina ASP .Net 0 11-10-2003 09:18 AM
PIXs and passing VPN Clients from PC to outside targets Rik Bain Cisco 2 10-30-2003 07:12 PM

Advertisments