Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Nothing what so ever to do with HTML !

Nothing what so ever to do with HTML !

Chris Leonard

But I know you'll like it ......

http://www.theleonardfamily.co.uk/strange/strange.htm

Sorry in advance to all of you who think I'm very bad posting this here !

Leif K-Brooks

Chris Leonard wrote:
> But I know you'll like it ......
>
> http://www.theleonardfamily.co.uk/strange/strange.htm
>
> Sorry in advance to all of you who think I'm very bad posting this here !

It's an animated GIF. What's the big deal?

Toby A Inkster

Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Chris Leonard wrote:
>> But I know you'll like it ......
>>
>> http://www.theleonardfamily.co.uk/strange/strange.htm
>>
>> Sorry in advance to all of you who think I'm very bad posting this here !

> It's an animated GIF. What's the big deal?

Count the people. Wait for them to move. Count the people again.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Chris Leonard

> It's an animated GIF. What's the big deal?

Look a little closer ..... are there 12 or 13 people ?

Richard

Chris! wrote:

>> It's an animated GIF. What's the big deal?
>>

> Look a little closer ..... are there 12 or 13 people ?

yes.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:37:16 +0000 (UTC), Chris Leonard is
reported to have stated:

> Look a little closer ..... are there 12 or 13 people ?

Yes.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Safalra

"Chris Leonard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bqo3al$74i$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> But I know you'll like it ......
>
> http://www.theleonardfamily.co.uk/strange/strange.htm
>
> Sorry in advance to all of you who think I'm very bad posting this here !

Now that's clever. Took me a while to work it out. For those still
trying, don't read the next paragraph...

(spoiler alert)

Get copies of the two pictures side by side. Notice that in the
picture with 13 people, one (on the far left) is missing the top of
their head. Try to follow where it's gone. As you alternate between
the two pictures, you'll notice that you're moving through the people
in order of the altitude of the top of their heads. Eventually the
extra person appears. Notice that this extra person is missing the
bottom of their feet. Track the feet - you'll move through the people
in order of the altitude of the bottom of their feet. Eventually you
end up with the person with the top of their head missing.

Although the theory is pretty simple, I'm very impressed that
someone's actaully constructed a convincing example.

--- Stephen Morley ---
http://www.safalra.com