Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Web Form

Web Form

Steve

Can anyone show me how to create a webform of about six fields and a submit
button that when clicked appends the data in the fields to a Microsoft Access
database table on a network.

Thanks for all help!

Steve

Hywel Jenkins

In article <x_7zb.1666$(E-Mail Removed). net>,

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

William Tasso

http://asp101.com/

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Steve

William,

Thanks for responding!

Excuse my dumb question, what is required to be installed on a server to be able
to run Asp? Is Asp special software?

Thanks,

Steve

"William Tasso" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqj2su$22uu5h$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> > In article <x_7zb.1666$(E-Mail Removed). net>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> Can anyone show me how to create a webform of about six fields and a
> >> submit button that when clicked appends the data in the fields to a
> >> Microsoft Access database table on a network.

> > http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/

> http://asp101.com/
>
> --
> William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Toby A Inkster

Steve wrote:

> Excuse my dumb question, what is required to be installed on a server to be able
> to run Asp? Is Asp special software?

The server must either be:

* Microsoft IIS; or

* Apache with mod_perl enabled and the Apache::ASP Perl module installed.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

William Tasso

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> Excuse my dumb question, what is required to be installed on a
>> server to be able to run Asp? Is Asp special software?

> The server must either be:
>
> * Microsoft IIS; or
>
> * Apache with mod_perl enabled and the Apache::ASP Perl module
> installed.

Yes, but as the O/P was a MS-Access question I suspect he needs a Windows
(IIS) server or perhaps a different RDBMS.

Re-reading the O/P - it seems this could be an intranet issue. IIS is
trivial to install/set up on any NT4/5 server - assuming you have the
necessary admin rights.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Steve

William,

So are you saying that an install of IIS will include whatever is necessary to
run ASP code? Even dumber question, can you buy ASP in a box and install it?

Thanks,

Steve

"William Tasso" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqjdhu$21i2vl$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Toby A Inkster wrote:
> > Steve wrote:
> >
> >> Excuse my dumb question, what is required to be installed on a
> >> server to be able to run Asp? Is Asp special software?

> > The server must either be:
> >
> > * Microsoft IIS; or
> >
> > * Apache with mod_perl enabled and the Apache::ASP Perl module
> > installed.

> Yes, but as the O/P was a MS-Access question I suspect he needs a Windows
> (IIS) server or perhaps a different RDBMS.
>
> Re-reading the O/P - it seems this could be an intranet issue. IIS is
> trivial to install/set up on any NT4/5 server - assuming you have the
> necessary admin rights.
>
> --
> William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Leif K-Brooks

Steve wrote:
> So are you saying that an install of IIS will include whatever is necessary to
> run ASP code? Even dumber question, can you buy ASP in a box and install it?

Besides some attempts to clone ASP, IIS is the only thing which can run
ASP. And you can buy IIS in a box.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:46:50 GMT, Leif K-Brooks is reported to
have stated:
(one of the groups trimmed - doesn't exist on my server)

> Besides some attempts to clone ASP,

Like Sun's version (used to be called Chili!Soft, now Sun ONE Active Server
Pages). That's what our host uses (on a Linux box, of course).

> IIS is the only thing which can run ASP. And you can buy IIS in a box.

It even comes included with various flavours of Windoze.

f'ups to alt.html

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

William Tasso

Steve wrote:

Please don't top-post (look it up)

> "William Tasso" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bqjdhu$21i2vl$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Toby A Inkster wrote:

>>> The server must either be:
>>>
>>> * Microsoft IIS; or
>>>
>>> * Apache with mod_perl enabled and the Apache::ASP Perl module
>>> installed.

>> Yes, but as the O/P was a MS-Access question I suspect he needs a
>> Windows (IIS) server or perhaps a different RDBMS.
>>
>> Re-reading the O/P - it seems this could be an intranet issue. IIS
>> is trivial to install/set up on any NT4/5 server - assuming you have
>> the necessary admin rights.

> So are you saying that an install of IIS will include whatever is
> necessary to run ASP code?

yep

> Even dumber question, can you buy ASP in a
> box and install it?

Most usefully, it comes in the box with Win2k Server and Win2k3 Server.
There is an free Option pack for NT4.

Forget the *nix implementations if you need ASP to manage an Access
database.
--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com