Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > More Problems - This time scroll bars

More Problems - This time scroll bars

Dennis M. Marks

Go to page http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/amtrak.html
Select California Zephyr
In the window that opens there are scroll bars in IE but not in
Navigtor. This is on a Mac. Mayby it works on a PC. What is wrong?

The window is created with a call to this function:

function createWindow() {

winStats='toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,me nubar=no,scrollbars=ye
s,resizable=yes,width=625,height=600';
if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft")>=0) {
winStats+=',left=10,top=10'
}else{
winStats+=',screenX=10,screenY=10'
};
TheWindow=window.open("","",winStats);
};

--
Dennis M. Marks

Richard

Dennis! wrote:

> Go to page http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/amtrak.html
> Select California Zephyr
> In the window that opens there are scroll bars in IE but not in
> Navigtor. This is on a Mac. Mayby it works on a PC. What is wrong?

Much better. Scrollbars and resize works just fine now.
Not sure but maybe you need navigator for mac?

Louis Somers

Opera as well as IE6 have scrollbars. IE even has a horizontal scrollbar.
If you make the table a little less wide the horizontal scrollbar will
dissappear.

--
News Updater, No scripts, No Database
http://www.xmlssoftware.com/NUpdater

Dennis M. Marks

There is no scrollbar in Mac Netscape Navigator even though the page is
larger than the window. The is no problem in IE.

--
Dennis M. Marks