Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS problem

Reply
Thread Tools

CSS problem

 
 
Wipkip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2003
Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> Leif K-Brooks wrote:
>> Hmm, doesn't seem to work right in IE. I'll fix it when I have more
>> than 10 seconds access to a Windows machine.

>
> Or so I thought. Ended up getting it to look reasonable, but not quite
> as cool.


That's ok. I like Darna better than Dawna. Damna might be better yet.

--
Duende


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wipkip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
Ok I'm closer.
I have gotten close enough in IE6 and Opera 7 but it is still broken in Netscape 7.
I stuck a <hr> in just before the </body> tag trying to understand what Netscape was
doing, didn't help.

The page & css files validate.

New page & css
http://wipkip.us/guide/index_new.html
http://wipkip.us/guide/styles/handyguide.css

--
Duende


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
picayunish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
Wipkip wrote:
> Ok I'm closer.
> I have gotten close enough in IE6 and Opera 7 but it is still broken in Netscape 7.
> I stuck a <hr> in just before the </body> tag trying to understand what Netscape was
> doing, didn't help.
>
> The page & css files validate.
>
> New page & css
> http://wipkip.us/guide/index_new.html
> http://wipkip.us/guide/styles/handyguide.css


Add 2 break with clear=both before the end div tag (above the footer)
and before the last end div tag.
Like this:
<br>

</div>
<div id="footer">
<div id="copy">
&copy; Dawna Sawatzky All rights reserved
</div>
<div id="siteby">
<a href="#">Site by Tom D. Hay</a>
</div>

<br>

</div>

In the style sheet
br {clear: both;}

The <hr> can be removed.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

 
Reply With Quote
 
Wipkip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
picayunish wrote:
> Wipkip wrote:
>> Ok I'm closer.
>> I have gotten close enough in IE6 and Opera 7 but it is still broken
>> in Netscape 7. I stuck a <hr> in just before the </body> tag trying
>> to understand what Netscape was doing, didn't help.
>>
>> The page & css files validate.
>>
>> New page & css
>> http://wipkip.us/guide/index_new.html
>> http://wipkip.us/guide/styles/handyguide.css

>
> Add 2 break with clear=both before the end div tag (above the footer)
> and before the last end div tag.
> Like this:
> <br>
>
> </div>
> <div id="footer">
> <div id="copy">
> &copy; Dawna Sawatzky All rights reserved
> </div>
> <div id="siteby">
> <a href="#">Site by Tom D. Hay</a>
> </div>
>
> <br>
>
> </div>
>
> In the style sheet
> br {clear: both;}
>
> The <hr> can be removed.


Works great. Thanks Picky van der Vaart. Now if the would all treat my menu the same
there would be much joy in my world.

--
Duende


 
Reply With Quote
 
picayunish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2003
Wipkip wrote:
> picayunish wrote:
>
>>Wipkip wrote:
>>
>>>Ok I'm closer.
>>>I have gotten close enough in IE6 and Opera 7 but it is still broken
>>>in Netscape 7. I stuck a <hr> in just before the </body> tag trying
>>>to understand what Netscape was doing, didn't help.
>>>
>>>The page & css files validate.
>>>
>>>New page & css
>>>http://wipkip.us/guide/index_new.html
>>>http://wipkip.us/guide/styles/handyguide.css

>>
>>Add 2 break with clear=both before the end div tag (above the footer)
>>and before the last end div tag.
>>Like this:
>> <br>
>>
>> </div>
>> <div id="footer">
>> <div id="copy">
>> &copy; Dawna Sawatzky All rights reserved
>> </div>
>> <div id="siteby">
>> <a href="#">Site by Tom D. Hay</a>
>> </div>
>>
>> <br>
>>
>> </div>
>>
>>In the style sheet
>>br {clear: both;}
>>
>>The <hr> can be removed.

>
>
> Works great. Thanks Picky van der Vaart. Now if the would all treat my menu the same
> there would be much joy in my world.


You're welcome
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CSS Layout question - how to duplicate a table layout with CSS Eric ASP .Net 4 12-24-2004 04:54 PM
confused - html validates, css validates but validate css from the html causes errors Titus A Ducksass - AKA broken-record HTML 6 11-15-2004 12:59 PM
Set CSS property equal to another CSS property? Noozer HTML 10 10-13-2004 09:20 PM
Is there a way to set the a CSS property to be explicitly the same as another CSS property? Joshua Beall HTML 1 12-10-2003 07:21 PM
print.css and screen.css tom watson HTML 1 09-09-2003 02:48 PM



Advertisments