Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > difference of assining value to IE and Netscape

Reply
Thread Tools

difference of assining value to IE and Netscape

 
 
Mr. x
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2003
Hello,

I have the following :

<table id = "current_page" width = "580" dir = "rtl">
<tr align = "right">
<td id = "current_page_inner" style="font-family: arial; font-size: 13pt;
font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">
<font size="4" color="lightgreen" face="arial"><b><i>
</font>
</i></b>
</td>
</tr>
</table>


I want to assign current_page_inner a value.
What I did :
current_page_inner.innerText = "A value"
, but this change the default color of lightgreen.
So I did :
current_page_inner.children(0).innerText = "A Value"
, but this works only for IE.

How can I make a code that is both correct for IE and Netscape ?

Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve R.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2003
Mr. x wrote in message ...
> I want to assign current_page_inner a value.


We will only reply if you promise to stop TOP-POSTING your replies in your messages, which means you
*should* type your reply BELOW the person's comment that you are replying to, as I have done here.

In all your previous replies you have replied ABOVE the comments other people have made and it's
upsetting some folk in here :~(

Just put the mouse cursor below the text in the message you are replying to and then start typing
:~)

It also helps if you SNIP irrelevant parts of the message, as I have done here in my reply to you.

Good luck :~)

Steve.




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mr. x
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2003

> We will only reply if you promise to stop TOP-POSTING your replies in your

messages, which means you
> *should* type your reply BELOW the person's comment that you are replying

to, as I have done here.

O.K, that's what you meant top-posting, I'll try...

> In all your previous replies you have replied ABOVE the comments other

people have made and it's
> upsetting some folk in here :~(

Sorry

> Just put the mouse cursor below the text in the message you are replying

to and then start typing
> :~)

O.K.

> It also helps if you SNIP irrelevant parts of the message, as I have done

here in my reply to you.
> Good luck :~)

Thanks

What about my question ? :
> I want to assign current_page_inner a value. ....




 
Reply With Quote
 
Sam Hughes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003
"Steve R." <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:gf%xb.14472$(E-Mail Removed):

> Mr. x wrote in message ...
>> I want to assign current_page_inner a value.

>
> We will only reply if you promise to stop TOP-POSTING your replies in
> your messages, which means you *should* type your reply BELOW the
> person's comment that you are replying to, as I have done here.

<snip>

It would also help, Steve, if your lines were not one hundred characters
long

 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve R.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2003
Sam Hughes wrote in message ...
> It would also help, Steve, if your lines were not one hundred characters
> long


Ooops .. sorry about that. I changed it a week or so back so I could place an ad in a
newsgroup where the Charter permitted a maxium of four lines.

It's down to 85 now. Is that about right? A figure of 77 springs to mind, but is lost
somewhere in a tiny corner of my brain.

Must check 'usenet' rules :~)

Steve.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Toby A Inkster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2003
Steve R. wrote:

> It's down to 85 now. Is that about right? A figure of 77 springs to
> mind, but is lost somewhere in a tiny corner of my brain.


It is convention to wrap lines at less than 80 characters. 72 and 76 are
oft quoted values because this means that the lines will be under 80
characters even when quoted a few times. I personally use 74, though not
through choice -- it just happens to be the default in my newsreader.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Assining value to "do" variable niraj.kumar.ait@gmail.com Javascript 3 05-03-2006 06:44 AM
Netscape 7.1 to Netscape 8 Skid Schermerhorn Firefox 2 09-05-2005 04:04 PM
Difference between bin and obj directories and difference between project references and dll references jakk ASP .Net 4 03-22-2005 09:23 PM
Assining key to button script P K Javascript 1 06-06-2004 07:50 PM
How to disable right click menu in IE, Netscape 4 and Netscape 6 yaktipper Javascript 10 07-10-2003 04:15 PM



Advertisments