Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to make scrollbar to have special color

How to make scrollbar to have special color

simon lee

Dear all,

Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

Simon

rf

[crossposted newsgroups snipped, not on my server]

"simon lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bq6qri$k1b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,

Er, I'm not all

> Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

1) Find a site that use them and look at the source.

2) Have you actually looked anywhere?

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=coloured+scrollbars

The very first hit:
http://beta.ezboard.com/fcooltipsntr...picID=11.topic
tells you how, as do the next several pages of hits. There is even one in
there that generates the CSS for you.

Cheers
Richard.

Toby A Inkster

simon lee wrote:

> Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color,

In Windows, right click on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the
popup menu.

Click on the "Appearance" tab. From the "Item" drop-down list, choose "3D
Objects".

Now choose your favourite colour and press "OK".

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Barefoot Kid

"Toby A Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
| simon lee wrote:
|
| > Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color,
|
| In Windows, right click on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the
| popup menu.
|
| Click on the "Appearance" tab. From the "Item" drop-down list, choose "3D
| Objects".
|
| Now choose your favourite colour and press "OK".

think he wants to know how to set custom scroll bar colours for web pages not for the appearance of
his own windows scroll bars....unless u were being sarky of course...
Hung Diep
New Media Designer
www.intro-spect.co.uk
0795 6576 319

Jukka K. Korpela

"Barefoot Kid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> think he wants to know how to set custom scroll bar colours for web
> pages not for the appearance of his own windows scroll
> bars....

Of course.

> unless u were being sarky of course...

Toby gave the useful answer, instead of the requested one. That's how
Usenet works, when you're lucky. (You are still allowed to complain
of course.) You were supposed to get the point that you're not supposed
to do such things as an author.

Anyone can use his money to buy consultation that gives the requested
answers. (In this case, the consultation would basically consist of
reading the documentation of IE, regarding scrollbar properties, for
the client. Sorry if I spoiled someone's opportunity to get cheap
money.)

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

William Tasso

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> Sorry if I spoiled someone's opportunity to get cheap
> money.)

heh - nice idea, but I fear there is no such thing.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Nico Schuyt

simon lee wrote:
> Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/s...llbarColor.htm
(IE only)
But you *really* shouldn't do it. It will irritate your visitors because
scrollbars are being concidered to be part of their own screen and not of
your website.
Nico

J&D

IE allways, Opera sometimes (optionaly)

J&D

"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> píše v diskusním příspěvku
news:3fc787f3$0$208$(E-Mail Removed)...
> simon lee wrote:
> > Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/s...scrollbarColor.
htm
> (IE only)
> But you *really* shouldn't do it. It will irritate your visitors because
> scrollbars are being concidered to be part of their own screen and not of
> your website.
> Nico

Nico Schuyt

J&D wrote:
> Nico Schuyt píše v diskusním příspěvku
>> simon lee wrote:

>>> Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/s...llbarColor.htm
>> (IE only)

> IE allways, Opera sometimes (optionaly)

Thanks, I didn't know that.
BTW what means "píše v diskusním příspěvku" ????
Cheers, Nico

J&D

> BTW what means "píše v diskusním příspěvku" ????

It means "wrote in the discussion article" )