Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How do I...Load another frame after x seconds

How do I...Load another frame after x seconds

Douglas

I have a webpage with some frames.
There are buttons on the left in a frame which load pages in another
frame on the right. Quite simple really.
Anyway i have a form on the "Contact Us" page which displays an
acknowledgment page after the form has been completed also in the RH
frame.
I want this ack.htm page to then load the main.htm page after say 5
seconds.
Can anyone tell me the code i would put in my ack.htm

Many thanks

D.

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, dougsdir24
@yahoo.com says...
> I have a webpage with some frames.
> There are buttons on the left in a frame which load pages in another
> frame on the right. Quite simple really.
> Anyway i have a form on the "Contact Us" page which displays an
> acknowledgment page after the form has been completed also in the RH
> frame.
> I want this ack.htm page to then load the main.htm page after say 5
> seconds.
> Can anyone tell me the code i would put in my ack.htm

You can use Javascript and the setTimeout(); function. This will cause
a delay, then after X seconds will run a function. This function can do
what ever you like.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Toby A Inkster

Whitecrest wrote:

>> I want this ack.htm page to then load the main.htm page after say 5
>> seconds.

> You can use Javascript and the setTimeout(); function. This will cause
> a delay, then after X seconds will run a function. This function can do
> what ever you like.

Although be sure to include a regular link to main.htm too for all those
people without Javascript, and for those people who are smart enough to
read "Thank You" in less than 5 seconds and want to get on with their
lives.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

JT

"Douglas" WROTE:
> I have a webpage with some frames.
> There are buttons on the left in a frame which load pages in another
> frame on the right. Quite simple really.
> Anyway i have a form on the "Contact Us" page which displays an
> acknowledgment page after the form has been completed also in the RH
> frame.
> I want this ack.htm page to then load the main.htm page after say 5
> seconds.
> Can anyone tell me the code i would put in my ack.htm

<script type="text/javascript">
setTimeout('location.href="http://www.????.com/????.html"',2500);
</script>

Alter the 2500 to suit yourself