Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IFRAME in table cell

IFRAME in table cell

Bram de Jong

I would like to load the following document in a frame. It is a table with 3
rows: header, scrollable iframe and footer, using 100% of the available
space. In IE 6 it does not seem to work. The result is almost perfect but
the footer is not displayed. Does anybody know a solution (without
introducing additional frames)?
Bram.

<head>
</head>
style="background-color: lightgreen">
<iframe id="12" name="we" frameborder="no" width="100%"
height="90%" scrolling="auto" src="frametest.html"
style="left:0; background-color: beige;"/>
<h3>Why don't I see this footer?</h3>

Leif K-Brooks

Bram de Jong wrote:
> I would like to load the following document in a frame. It is a table with 3
> rows: header, scrollable iframe and footer, using 100% of the available
> space. In IE 6 it does not seem to work. The result is almost perfect but
> the footer is not displayed. Does anybody know a solution (without
> introducing additional frames)?

Are you really sure that's tabular data? It doesn't look like it.

Bram de Jong

relatively positioned inline frame in a table cell.

Bram.

"Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:TvPvb.1472$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bram de Jong wrote:
> > I would like to load the following document in a frame. It is a table

with 3
> > rows: header, scrollable iframe and footer, using 100% of the available
> > space. In IE 6 it does not seem to work. The result is almost perfect

but
> > the footer is not displayed. Does anybody know a solution (without
> > introducing additional frames)?

> Are you really sure that's tabular data? It doesn't look like it.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Bram de Jong:

[upside-down posting corrected]

> "Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:TvPvb.1472$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Bram de Jong wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to load the following document in a frame. It is a
>>> table

> with 3
>>> rows: header, scrollable iframe and footer, using 100% of the
>>> available space. In IE 6 it does not seem to work. The result
>>> is almost perfect

> but
>>> the footer is not displayed. Does anybody know a solution
>>> (without introducing additional frames)?

>> Are you really sure that's tabular data? It doesn't look like it.

> have a relatively positioned inline frame in a table cell.

What he means is you are using tables for display purposes rather than
what tables were intended for: data. Use CSS.

On to your problem. What is there about this content that you can't
simply display in the page? Do consider that text in an iframe is
inaccessible to many. Further, I can't use my mouse wheel to scroll
it. Or perhaps the question is: what is there about your banner logo
and/or footer that you feel you need to keep them visible at all
times? Consider not wasting canvas space.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Sid Ismail

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:11:07 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: On to your problem. What is there about this content that you can't
: simply display in the page? Do consider that text in an iframe is
: inaccessible to many.

Yep. Hate iframes more than mothers-in-law.

Sid

Bram de Jong

I'm designing an application for the intranet in accordance with a user
interface specification. I'm not in a position to change the specification.
My question is pure technical. You should not try to change the question.
I'm looking for an answer.
In the meantime I have found a pretty good solution: a 10%, 80%, 10% table
followed by an iframe positioned absolutely at top 10% with height 80%.
By the way, I have no trouble using my wheel mouse in an iframe.

Greetings,
Bram.

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:f2Svb.89757$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Quoth the raven named Bram de Jong:
>
> [upside-down posting corrected]
>
> > "Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> > news:TvPvb.1472$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > with 3

> > but
> >>
> >> Are you really sure that's tabular data? It doesn't look like it.

> > have a relatively positioned inline frame in a table cell.

> What he means is you are using tables for display purposes rather than
> what tables were intended for: data. Use CSS.
>
> On to your problem. What is there about this content that you can't
> simply display in the page? Do consider that text in an iframe is
> inaccessible to many. Further, I can't use my mouse wheel to scroll
> it. Or perhaps the question is: what is there about your banner logo
> and/or footer that you feel you need to keep them visible at all
> times? Consider not wasting canvas space.
>
> --
> -bts
> -This space intentionally left blank.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Bram de Jong:

> I'm designing an application for the intranet

You should have stated that in your first post.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Nico Schuyt

Bram de Jong wrote:
> I'm designing an application for the intranet in accordance with a
> user interface specification. I'm not in a position to change the
> specification.

A user interface specification should not specify the technical details.
Normally it's up to the web builder to translate such requirements into
HTML(CSS, PHP etc).

> My question is pure technical. You should not try to
> change the question. I'm looking for an answer.

This is usenet. Not a helpdesk

Nico

John W.

"Bram de Jong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to load the following document in a frame. It is a table with 3
>rows: header, scrollable iframe and footer, using 100% of the available
>space. In IE 6 it does not seem to work. The result is almost perfect but
>the footer is not displayed. Does anybody know a solution (without
>introducing additional frames)?
>Bram.

> <head>
> </head>

> style="background-color: lightgreen">

[ soup ]

Tip: http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/

John OO
--
<http://webcel.nl/> webshopsoftware + more

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once"
- John Archibald Wheeler -

Bram de Jong

"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:3fc0d0d2$0$189$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bram de Jong wrote:
> > I'm designing an application for the intranet in accordance with a
> > user interface specification. I'm not in a position to change the
> > specification.

> A user interface specification should not specify the technical details.
> Normally it's up to the web builder to translate such requirements into
> HTML(CSS, PHP etc).

100% correct. That's the point I was making.

> > My question is pure technical. You should not try to
> > change the question. I'm looking for an answer.

> This is usenet. Not a helpdesk

You are right, but that won't stop me to ask questions.