Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css

Matthew Paterson

So Ive figured I can position images using CSS, but is there a way so
that the 0,0 point is the top left of a table? So that if the broswer window
changes size (different resolution) then the image will still be in the
same place, and not move out of position.

Any help appreciated.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Leif K-Brooks

Matthew Paterson wrote:
> So Ive figured I can position images using CSS, but is there a way so
> that the 0,0 point is the top left of a table? So that if the broswer window
> changes size (different resolution) then the image will still be in the
> same place, and not move out of position.

URL?

Matthew Paterson

http://k5.dingnet.org.uk/~mint/Site/index.html

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Leif K-Brooks

Matthew Paterson wrote:
> http://k5.dingnet.org.uk/~mint/Site/index.html

That isn't tabular data. Why are you using tables?

Matthew Paterson

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 01:05:29 +0000, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> That isn't tabular data. Why are you using tables?

What should I be using?

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Leif K-Brooks

Matthew Paterson wrote:

>>That isn't tabular data. Why are you using tables?

> What should I be using?

CSS.

Nick Howes

"Matthew Paterson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpm9qh$1q3r8d$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> So Ive figured I can position images using CSS, but is there a way so
> that the 0,0 point is the top left of a table? So that if the broswer

window
> changes size (different resolution) then the image will still be in the
> same place, and not move out of position.

You want relative positioning as opposed to absolute. then if the divs are
in the table they will move relative to it.

though you shouldn't need to use tables and is the flash title necessary? It
doesn't serve any purpose other than make people have to wait for the
letters to float along before they can know what the page is called, and
that's if they have flash on their computer.

just constructive advice!

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Sat, 22 Nov 2003 01:08:38 +0000, Matthew Paterson is
reported to have stated:

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Matthew Paterson

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:21:40 +0000, Mark Parnell wrote:

> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

Thanks

--
Matt