Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HomeSite?

HomeSite?

Citizen X

Does anyone still use HomeSite ? (I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing more
PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my program. I dont
want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of software.

Anyone got any good hacks For HomeSite?, anyone used HS 5.5?

N8

Spartanicus

Citizen X wrote:

>Does anyone still use HomeSite ?

I do, but not many of us left.

>(I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing more
>PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my program. I dont
>want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of software.

Don't use php myself, try the macromedia hs groups for more success.

--
Spartanicus

Alan D-W

"Citizen X" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94398FD75C5CElistserveNOSPAMhotma@129.250. 170.83...
> Does anyone still use HomeSite ? (I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing more
> PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my program. I dont
> want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of software.

I use HS for all my HTML, ASP and general programming tasks, as well as to
edit reasonably large text files, and I love its features. However, I think
you're on the wrong track if you're expecting it to preview pages containing
server-side scripting - how do you expect it to achieve that?

Roseb441702

>> Does anyone still use HomeSite ?

You know I still have the program but I haven't used it for a while. I have
mainly been using Dreamweaver.

Rose's Web Page Designs
http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/designs.htm

Clive Moss

"Citizen X" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94398FD75C5CElistserveNOSPAMhotma@129.250. 170.83...
> Does anyone still use HomeSite ? (I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing more
> PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my program. I dont
> want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of software.
>
> Anyone got any good hacks For HomeSite?, anyone used HS 5.5?

I use Homesite 5 for everything but I have windows 2000 so can preview my
asp pages via IIS (http://localhost.........)
never used php but suppose its the same for preview

Clive

Spartanicus

Alan D-W wrote:

>you're on the wrong track if you're expecting it to preview pages containing
>server-side scripting - how do you expect it to achieve that?

By mapping through a local web server of course.

--
Spartanicus

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Clive Moss"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:LWbvb.6425$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Citizen X" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns94398FD75C5CElistserveNOSPAMhotma@129.250. 170.83...
>> Does anyone still use HomeSite ? (I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing
>> more PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my
>> program. I dont want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of
>> software.
>>
>> Anyone got any good hacks For HomeSite?, anyone used HS 5.5?
>>

> I use Homesite 5 for everything but I have windows 2000 so can preview
> my asp pages via IIS (http://localhost.........)
> never used php but suppose its the same for preview

Yup, just make sure that PHP is installed and it shows up in the
configuration options. I'm using both ASP and PHP (not on the same site).

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com