Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > multiple table layout

multiple table layout

time waster

Curiosity mainly. Consider doing a massive table layout like doing a color chart
where you have 16 columns and 2 rows per table. Laid out horizontally.
A new table under the previous one. In row one you have the color # then row 2
shows the actual color. How would you do this in say css without having to copy
and paste table after table coding?

informant

"time waster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Curiosity mainly. Consider doing a massive table layout like doing a color

chart
> where you have 16 columns and 2 rows per table. Laid out horizontally.
> A new table under the previous one. In row one you have the color # then

row 2
> shows the actual color. How would you do this in say css without having to

copy
> and paste table after table coding?

Is there some reason you refuse to post a link to your work-in-progress, Mr.
Waste?

From: time waster <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Subject: multiple table layout
Date: 20 Nov 2003 10:04:14 -0800

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed time waster
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Curiosity mainly. Consider doing a massive table layout like doing a
> color chart where you have 16 columns and 2 rows per table. Laid out
> horizontally. A new table under the previous one. In row one you have
> the color # then row 2 shows the actual color. How would you do this in
> say css without having to copy and paste table after table coding?

If I were doing it, I would use one table, and I would do it server side,
looping through the values.

<thead>
<thead>
<tbody>
------- server side code here --------
for each hex in array
color = hex
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
next
--------------------------------------
</tbody>

The array for the hex colors could probably be done with a formula, but
I'm not going that far.
--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

informant

"Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> informant! wrote:
>

> > "time waster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Curiosity mainly. Consider doing a massive table layout like doing a
> >> color

> > chart
> >> where you have 16 columns and 2 rows per table. Laid out horizontally.
> >> A new table under the previous one. In row one you have the color #

then
> > row 2
> >> shows the actual color. How would you do this in say css without

having

> > copy
> >> and paste table after table coding?

> > Is there some reason you refuse to post a link to your

work-in-progress,
> > Mr. Waste?

> Now you're really becoming an asshole. A bigger asshole than you have

been.
> Anybody who uses the newsguy web site is automatically going to be

attacked
> by you because you think it's me.
> Which goes to prove you have no proof. Just a guessing game.

Why don't you let your sock do the talking, Bullis?

> Do you realize how many accounts any news server has? More than one huh?
> Do you have any clues as to what the population is in the world today and
> that any one of those persons with access to the internet can therefor

have
> an account and post to usenet?

Heard it all before, St00pid, *every* time I out one of your socks.

> Is it not possible, assuming you are highly educated as claimed, that a
> person other than me could be wanting to know some information in the
> alt.html group?
> You are guessing because you failed to come right out and say, "This is
> BULLIS!".

No need, St00pid, you did it for me.

> And why does one need to post a link to a website to show what is being
> asked about?
> Do you not think, which is something you can't do anyway, that persons who
> have working knowledge of html can't possibly determine anything without a
> visual presentation to work with?

Strike a nerve, Mr. Bullis? You sure are upset that "time waster" can't put
up a site. Why is that?

> For a person who claims to have a college degree, a home and two sports
> cars, you sure are an ignorant asshole.

That seems to be eating at you, St00pid. Heater not working too well in the
old Dodge van? Trailer a little drafty this time of year? Got a job yet,
laws00t boi?

From: "Richard" <anonymous@127.000>
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.kooks
Subject: Re: multiple table layout
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:32:56 -0600

Richard

Adrienne! wrote:

> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed time waster
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> Curiosity mainly. Consider doing a massive table layout like doing a
>> color chart where you have 16 columns and 2 rows per table. Laid out
>> horizontally. A new table under the previous one. In row one you have
>> the color # then row 2 shows the actual color. How would you do this in
>> say css without having to copy and paste table after table coding?
>>

> If I were doing it, I would use one table, and I would do it server side,
> looping through the values.

> <thead>
> <thead>
> <tbody>
> ------- server side code here --------
> for each hex in array
> color = hex
> --------------------------------------
> --------------------------------------
> next
> --------------------------------------
> </tbody>

> The array for the hex colors could probably be done with a formula, but
> I'm not going that far.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could pass variables through a css
attribute like that.

rf

"Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Adrienne! wrote:
>
> > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed time waster
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> >> Curiosity mainly. Consider doing a massive table layout like doing a
> >> color chart where you have 16 columns and 2 rows per table. Laid out
> >> horizontally. A new table under the previous one. In row one you have
> >> the color # then row 2 shows the actual color. How would you do this

in
> >> say css without having to copy and paste table after table coding?
> >>

> > If I were doing it, I would use one table, and I would do it server

side,
> > looping through the values.

> > The array for the hex colors could probably be done with a formula, but
> > I'm not going that far.

> Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could pass variables through a css
> attribute like that.

I can't. You missed the bit where Adrienne said "server side". The code she
posted looks like pseudo-code for a server side script. It's up to you to
flesh it out into something like PHP.

Cheers
Richard.

Leif K-Brooks

Richard wrote:
> Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could pass variables through a css
> attribute like that.

Why *wouldn't* you be able to use a server-side script to generate CSS?

Richard

rf! wrote:

> "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Adrienne! wrote:
>>
> >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed time waster
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> in
> >>>

> >> If I were doing it, I would use one table, and I would do it server

> side,
> >> looping through the values.

> >> The array for the hex colors could probably be done with a formula,
> >> but I'm not going that far.

>> Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could pass variables through a css
>> attribute like that.

> I can't. You missed the bit where Adrienne said "server side". The code
> she posted looks like pseudo-code for a server side script. It's up to
> you to flesh it out into something like PHP.

> Cheers
> Richard.

That's what I was wondering about. I didn't see how it was possible to do it
locally.
Most of the color chart sites I've seen all just seem to use tables.

rf

"Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> rf! wrote:
>

> > "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Adrienne! wrote:

> >> Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could pass variables through a

css
> >> attribute like that.

> > I can't. You missed the bit where Adrienne said "server side". The code
> > she posted looks like pseudo-code for a server side script. It's up to
> > you to flesh it out into something like PHP.

> That's what I was wondering about. I didn't see how it was possible to do

it
> locally.
> Most of the color chart sites I've seen all just seem to use tables.

<sigh/> And that is just what Adriennes server side process would produce.
An HTML table.

Alex Cain

"Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> informant! wrote:
>

> > "time waster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Curiosity mainly. Consider doing a massive table layout like doing a
> >> color

> > chart
> >> where you have 16 columns and 2 rows per table. Laid out horizontally.
> >> A new table under the previous one. In row one you have the color #

then
> > row 2
> >> shows the actual color. How would you do this in say css without

having

> > copy
> >> and paste table after table coding?

> > Is there some reason you refuse to post a link to your

work-in-progress,
> > Mr. Waste?

> Now you're really becoming an asshole. A bigger asshole than you have

been.
> Anybody who uses the newsguy web site is automatically going to be

attacked
> by you because you think it's me.

Bullis, it's ALWAYS obvious when it's you. It's been explained to you HOW
it's obvious MANY times before, and yet TO THIS VERY DAY you have no clue.
That speaks volumes.

> Which goes to prove you have no proof. Just a guessing game.
> Do you realize how many accounts any news server has? More than one huh?
> Do you have any clues as to what the population is in the world today and
> that any one of those persons with access to the internet can therefor

have
> an account and post to usenet?
>
> Is it not possible, assuming you are highly educated as claimed, that a
> person other than me could be wanting to know some information in the
> alt.html group?
> You are guessing because you failed to come right out and say, "This is
> BULLIS!".
>
> And why does one need to post a link to a website to show what is being
> asked about?
> Do you not think, which is something you can't do anyway, that persons who
> have working knowledge of html can't possibly determine anything without a
> visual presentation to work with?
>
> For a person who claims to have a college degree, a home and two sports
> cars, you sure are an ignorant asshole.

And yet, he's more successful than you will ever, ever be.

Layout suggestions - table layout sso Java 6 04-30-2009 05:17 AM
Css-Layout vs Table-Layout Habib HTML 15 06-20-2006 05:11 AM
Table-based layout to CSS layout Guybrush Threepwood HTML 20 06-11-2006 11:12 AM