Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS - FAQ

Reply
Thread Tools

CSS - FAQ

 
 
William Tasso
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2003
Greetings one and all.

Inspiration needed.

No, I'm not looking for a CSS FAQ, rather a FAQ (any subject) delivered
using valid strict markup with CSS and optional client-script.

Any one have a URL they're happy to share?

Thanks.
--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Toby A Inkster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2003
William Tasso wrote:
> No, I'm not looking for a CSS FAQ, rather a FAQ (any subject) delivered
> using valid strict markup with CSS and optional client-script.


You may be interested in this:

http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=136

Although the CSS is rather uninspiring -- just a few margins, borders,
font colours, etc.

More interesting is the fact that the original is an XML file and the HTML
and plain text files are automatically generated from it. The XML used is
a very basic format. Elements are:

FAQ, Title, Maintainer, MaintainerName, MaintainerEmail, Author,
AuthorName, AuthorEmail, Chapter, ChapterName, QA, Question, Answer,
Paragraph, Strong, Link, BlockQuote, List, ListItem, Preformatted,
SubChapter and SubChapterName

There is also a style sheet to display the XML directly in your browser,
although it only works in Opera 6+. (Mozilla is nearly there, but not
quite.)

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Philipp Lenssen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2003
William Tasso wrote:

>
> Inspiration needed.
>
> No, I'm not looking for a CSS FAQ, rather a FAQ (any subject)
> delivered using valid strict markup with CSS and optional
> client-script.
>
> Any one have a URL they're happy to share?
>


Here's one of mine:
http://questml.com/faq.htm

Valid XHTML1.0 Strict/ CSS2. Hope it inspires!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Isofarro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2003
Philipp Lenssen wrote:

> William Tasso wrote:
>> No, I'm not looking for a CSS FAQ, rather a FAQ (any subject)
>> delivered using valid strict markup with CSS and optional
>> client-script.

>
> Here's one of mine:
> http://questml.com/faq.htm


Nice. And interesting subject too.


--
Iso.
FAQs: http://html-faq.com http://alt-html.org http://allmyfaqs.com/
Recommended Hosting: http://www.affordablehost.com/
Web Design Tutorial: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1010
 
Reply With Quote
 
Philipp Lenssen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
Isofarro wrote:

> Philipp Lenssen wrote:
>
> > William Tasso wrote:
> >> No, I'm not looking for a CSS FAQ, rather a FAQ (any subject)
> >> delivered using valid strict markup with CSS and optional
> >> client-script.

> >
> > Here's one of mine:
> > http://questml.com/faq.htm

>
> Nice. And interesting subject too.


In the meantime there's QML interpreters in Python, PHP, ASP (VBS),
Client-Side VBS. I hope to see some stories, help-files, or other
things being written in it! It even exports well to paper using
QML-Edit2.
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Tasso
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
William Tasso wrote:

[CSS - FAQ]

>
> Any one have a URL they're happy to share?


Thank you gentlemen - certainly inspirational ;o)

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Isofarro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
Philipp Lenssen wrote:

> Isofarro wrote:
>
>> Philipp Lenssen wrote:
>>
>> > William Tasso wrote:
>> >> No, I'm not looking for a CSS FAQ, rather a FAQ (any subject)
>> >> delivered using valid strict markup with CSS and optional
>> >> client-script.
>> >
>> > Here's one of mine:
>> > http://questml.com/faq.htm

>>
>> Nice. And interesting subject too.

>
> In the meantime there's QML interpreters in Python, PHP, ASP (VBS),
> Client-Side VBS.


Ahh... fantastic - I couldn't see a mention to anything other than a
VBScript interpreter. I'll have to grab a copy of some QML tools and
interpreters and have a fiddle next month. Thanks!


--
Iso.
FAQs: http://html-faq.com http://alt-html.org http://allmyfaqs.com/
Recommended Hosting: http://www.affordablehost.com/
Web Design Tutorial: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1010
 
Reply With Quote
 
Leif K-Brooks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2003
Philipp Lenssen wrote:

> Here's one of mine:
> http://questml.com/faq.htm
>
> Valid XHTML1.0 Strict/ CSS2. Hope it inspires!


Darn it, guess I'll have to rename Quiz Markup Language.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Philipp Lenssen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003
Isofarro wrote:

> Philipp Lenssen wrote:
>
> > Isofarro wrote:
> >
> >> Philipp Lenssen wrote:
> >>
> >> > William Tasso wrote:
> >> >> No, I'm not looking for a CSS FAQ, rather a FAQ (any subject)
> >> >> delivered using valid strict markup with CSS and optional
> >> >> client-script.
> >> >
> >> > Here's one of mine:
> >> > http://questml.com/faq.htm
> >>
> >> Nice. And interesting subject too.

> >
> > In the meantime there's QML interpreters in Python, PHP, ASP (VBS),
> > Client-Side VBS.

>
> Ahh... fantastic - I couldn't see a mention to anything other than a
> VBScript interpreter. I'll have to grab a copy of some QML tools and
> interpreters and have a fiddle next month. Thanks!


Yes, which reminds me of the fact the QML-FAQ is quite old and hasn't
seen an update in ages!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Philipp Lenssen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2003
Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Philipp Lenssen wrote:
>
> > Here's one of mine:
> > http://questml.com/faq.htm
> > > Valid XHTML1.0 Strict/ CSS2. Hope it inspires!

>
> Darn it, guess I'll have to rename Quiz Markup Language.


There's more "QML"s out there... even though Google thinks I'm the
authoritiy.....
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAQ or not FAQ? =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Juli=E1n?= Albo C++ 28 01-15-2007 04:33 AM
FAQ/FAQ notes site makeover Peter Michaux Javascript 22 11-27-2006 01:55 AM
FAQ - How do I direct someone to this FAQ? FAQ server Javascript 1 08-04-2006 10:13 PM
CSS Layout question - how to duplicate a table layout with CSS Eric ASP .Net 4 12-24-2004 04:54 PM
[de] Update of FAQ in German/FAQ auf Deutsch ueberarbeitet Josef 'Jupp' Schugt Ruby 0 09-22-2003 08:56 PM



Advertisments