Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE does not display full HTML source

IE does not display full HTML source

A Causal

I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
source? Thanks.

rf

"A Causal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
> under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
> pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
> be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
> source? Thanks.

I'll bet you are looking at a framed page. Right click>view source on each
frame in the frameset to view the individual pages source.

Cheers
Richard.

Sid Ismail

On 18 Nov 2003 23:45:53 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (A Causal) wrote:

: I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
: under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
: pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
: be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
: source? Thanks.

Dunno what you're on about. State a URL.

Sid

Toby A Inkster

A Causal wrote:

> I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
> under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
> pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
> be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
> source?

Scroll down?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

A Causal

"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<xkFub.17208$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "A Causal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
> > under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
> > pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
> > be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
> > source? Thanks.

> I'll bet you are looking at a framed page. Right click>view source on each
> frame in the frameset to view the individual pages source.
>
> Cheers
> Richard.

You are exactly right. Thanks. And thanks to the others who responded.

rf

"A Causal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<xkFub.17208$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > "A Causal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
> > > under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
> > > pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
> > > be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
> > > source? Thanks.

> > I'll bet you are looking at a framed page. Right click>view source on

each
> > frame in the frameset to view the individual pages source.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Richard.

> You are exactly right. Thanks. And thanks to the others who responded.

<grin/>