Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML Embed and Netscape 7.1

HTML Embed and Netscape 7.1

TC

I use an Embed tag, which works, i.e. my sound file is played, but I
can't get the Quicktime console to display. All I see is a white
rectangle. This is the tag:

<embed src="file:///C:/personal software and data/Tammy/wav/Kenny
Chesney-Xmas For Tammy's Home Page.wav"
hidden=false autostart=true loop=true controls=console align=absmiddle
height=60 width=144>
</embed>

Any suggestions?

TIA.

Whitecrest

In article <Twrub.6084$(E-Mail Removed). net>,
> I use an Embed tag, which works, i.e. my sound file is played, but I
> can't get the Quicktime console to display. All I see is a white
> rectangle. This is the tag:
>
> <embed src="file:///C:/personal software and data/Tammy/wav/Kenny
> Chesney-Xmas For Tammy's Home Page.wav"
> hidden=false autostart=true loop=true controls=console align=absmiddle
> height=60 width=144>
> </embed>

Didn't Netscape 7.1 learn how to correctly use the Object tag so you
don't need embed?

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Disco Octopus

TC wrote:
> I use an Embed tag, which works, i.e. my sound file is played, but I
> can't get the Quicktime console to display. All I see is a white
> rectangle. This is the tag:
>
> <embed src="file:///C:/personal software and data/Tammy/wav/Kenny
> Chesney-Xmas For Tammy's Home Page.wav"
> hidden=false autostart=true loop=true controls=console align=absmiddle
> height=60 width=144>
> </embed>
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA.

I think it has something to do with the fact that Netscape was designed for
web browsing, and not file browsing. I am not sure if it understands the
"file:" protocol.

Try puting the file on your web server, and pointing to it from there.

Bagman

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:11:31 GMT, TC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I use an Embed tag, which works, i.e. my sound file is played, but I
> can't get the Quicktime console to display. All I see is a white
> rectangle. This is the tag:
>
> <embed src="file:///C:/personal software and data/Tammy/wav/Kenny
> Chesney-Xmas For Tammy's Home Page.wav"
> hidden=false autostart=true loop=true controls=console align=absmiddle
> height=60 width=144>
> </embed>
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA.

I found an article in Netscape dev... can't remember url
so attatched is entire text.

--
Bagman
___

Disco Octopus

Bagman wrote:

> I found an article in Netscape dev... can't remember url
> so attatched is entire text.

heres the url....

http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsour...a-in-netscape/