Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to count how many times a submit button is hit

How to count how many times a submit button is hit

Mogga

Any clues?
Easiest solution - and or a more complicated one to track what is in
the form thats being submitted?

ta muchly

Richard

Mogga! wrote:

> Any clues?
> Easiest solution - and or a more complicated one to track what is in
> the form thats being submitted?

> ta muchly

Venturing a guess, I'd say use a cookie. Each time the cookie is called, a
variable is added to.
Or possibly a variable in a script. Probably something in cgi or php. Have a
look at the various script sites for ideas.

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
di@*nospam*mogga.com says...
> Any clues?
> Easiest solution - and or a more complicated one to track what is in
> the form thats being submitted?

Let some server side script do it for you. Your choice of the flavor,
they will all do it.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Richard:

> Mogga! wrote:
>
> > Any clues?
> > Easiest solution - and or a more complicated one to track what is in
> > the form thats being submitted?

> Venturing a guess, I'd say use a cookie. Each time the cookie is called, a
> variable is added to.
> Or possibly a variable in a script. Probably something in cgi or php. Have a
> look at the various script sites for ideas.

Bad guess. Cookies can be, and frequently are, refused. The answer is
to let the script processing the Submit do the counting or whatever is
necessary.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.