Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Nice CSS rollovers: IE hack

Nice CSS rollovers: IE hack

altamir

Hello!

I've discovered by accident that adding extra inline element makes CSS
rollovers behave correctly in IE. Here's an example with a little
explanation: http://www.pbox.pl/test/css/01/

I've tested it in IE 5.5 (win95) and IE 6 (win98, quirks ans standards
compliance mode).

I wonder if you knew about it? And what are your oppinions?

--
altamir

e n | c k m a

> I've discovered by accident that adding extra inline element makes CSS
> rollovers behave correctly in IE. Here's an example with a little
> explanation: http://www.pbox.pl/test/css/01/

Well, it _works_. That's the main point, I guess. However, it's not good
to have empty elements (ie. your <span class="empty"></span>). At least add
a &nbsp; or something...

Why don't you like adding the width fix from the Taming Lists article??
It's a lot cleaner than this hack. And it's only the addition of _one_ line
of code, instead of your _seven_ in CSS and more junk in HTML.

how to make nice xmas css on the borders page Jan C. Faerber HTML 5 12-21-2009 03:19 PM
Best css hack / trick to recommend? Kabuki Armadillo HTML 76 06-27-2008 07:47 PM
css hack for ie nicolacantalupo HTML 0 01-21-2008 01:15 PM
css hack for IE: is using the * acceptable windandwaves HTML 7 10-25-2005 09:48 AM
CSS hack for IE 6? delerious@no.spam.com HTML 3 12-23-2003 05:14 PM

Advertisments