Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Falsche Darstellung in Netscape, Safari

Falsche Darstellung in Netscape, Safari

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_M=FCller?=

Hallo!

Ich hoffe ich bin hier richtig mit meinem Problem.... Es könnte natürlich
auch an CSS und Javascript liegen, aber in erster Linie denke ich, könnte
es ein Fehler im HTML-Quellcode sein.

Bei der Seite http://www.d4fclub.de/galerie wird der "eigentliche Inhalt" auf dem
Mac im Safari-Browser und auf dem PC im Netscape Navigator (7.1)
erst nach ca. 400 Pixel (von Seitenanfang gesehen) angezeigt. Man sieht
im Browser also erst nur den weißen Hintergrund (abgesehen von dem CSS-Layer
der oben positioniert ist).

Habt ihr eine Idee, woher das kommen kann (im IE funktioniert die Seite einwandfrei).

Vielen Dank für eure Tipps.

*Daniel*

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_M=FCller?=

Daniel Müller wrote:
> Hallo!

Opps, sorry i forgot that this is an english newsgroup...

Well so now my problem in english:

The Website http://www.d4fclub.de/galerie is not correctly shown
in the Safari-Browser on Mac and in the Netscape Navigator (7.1) on PC:
The content (apart from the CSS-Layer with a fixed y-postion) is shown
approx. 400 pixel below the top of the page. So you only see the white background
of the page.

Do you have an idea why this is so (in IE the website works perfect)?

Thanks for you help!

*Daniel*

rf

"Daniel Müller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpa6h9$7jf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Daniel Müller wrote:
> > Hallo!

> Opps, sorry i forgot that this is an english newsgroup...
>
> Well so now my problem in english:
>
> The Website http://www.d4fclub.de/galerie is not correctly shown

Rewrite the entire thing from the ground up.

You don't need to pull such silly tricks.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_M=FCller?=

rf wrote:

> Rewrite the entire thing from the ground up.
> You don't need to pull such silly tricks.

Thanx. Your answer has helped very much

*Daniel*

rf

"Daniel Müller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpd3mj$hoc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> rf wrote:
>
> > Rewrite the entire thing from the ground up.
> > You don't need to pull such silly tricks.

> Thanx. Your answer has helped very much

Oh, I'm sorry, I should have been more specific

I load your page (dismissing the activeX control) and see a standard fixed
width last century style page. Suddenly some huge wart of a thing containing
[1] what looks like a login form slides right across my canvas, wasting an
entire 5 seconds of my time, and lands itself directly on top of some images
I was going to look at. Hardly condusive to pleasureable viewing.

[1] This wart does not actually fully contain its content. The text spills
out of the orange box. This is because I have chosen to ignore your font
size of 12 pixels. I like my font a little larger.

Cheers
Richard.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:57:30 GMT, rf is reported to have
stated:

> I load your page (dismissing the activeX control) and see a standard fixed
> width last century style page. Suddenly some huge wart of a thing containing
> [1] what looks like a login form slides right across my canvas, wasting an
> entire 5 seconds of my time, and lands itself directly on top of some images
> I was going to look at. Hardly condusive to pleasureable viewing.

All I saw was the login form sliding across my screen. The rest of the
screen is blank.

Then I scrolled down and realised the actual content of the page is another
screen or so further down, with the same amount of white space below it as
above.

To the OP: In case you haven't got the message yet, your entire design
needs to be rethought. And tested in browsers other than IE.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_M=FCller?=

Mark Parnell wrote:
> All I saw was the login form sliding across my screen. The rest of the
> screen is blank.

That was what I was talking about - that was the problem when browsing
with another browser than IE.

> To the OP: In case you haven't got the message yet, your entire design
> needs to be rethought. And tested in browsers other than IE.

Well I know that too, that this website only works correctly in IE, but I
was wondering <why> there is this blank part at the top of the pages?
So does anyone know why?

*Daniel*

rf

"Daniel Müller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpfhr6$bu2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mark Parnell wrote:
> > All I saw was the login form sliding across my screen. The rest of the
> > screen is blank.

> That was what I was talking about - that was the problem when browsing
> with another browser than IE.
>
> > To the OP: In case you haven't got the message yet, your entire design
> > needs to be rethought. And tested in browsers other than IE.

> Well I know that too, that this website only works correctly in IE, but I
> was wondering <why> there is this blank part at the top of the pages?
> So does anyone know why?

This is what is causing it:

MARGINHEIGHT=600

I found it in your <body> tag. Remove it and all is OK

Why did you put it in there anyway?

Cheers
Richard.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:49:23 +0100, Daniel Müller is reported
to have stated:

> Mark Parnell wrote:
>> All I saw was the login form sliding across my screen. The rest of the
>> screen is blank.

> That was what I was talking about - that was the problem when browsing
> with another browser than IE.

Apologies - I got lost between your fir^H^H^Hsecond post and here.

Richard has already given you the solution, so no need to go there. Though
all those attributes should be removed and replaced with CSS. But I still
believe the design needs rethinking. Why would you want the login form to
obscure part of the rest of the page?

--

rf wrote:

> This is what is causing it:
>
> MARGINHEIGHT=600
>
> I found it in your <body> tag. Remove it and all is OK

Thank you. Stupid mistake.

> Why did you put it in there anyway?

I didn't want to, it was a mistake. It should be 10 and not 600.

Thanx again.
*Daniel*