Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Printing

Printing

Padam

how to change the header and footer for printing of IE via code

Kris

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Padam) wrote:

> how to change the header and footer for printing of IE via code

Browser owner can do that through the Print Preview, I believe.
Authors cannot do anything about that, nor should they want to.

--
Kris
(E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)

Padam

Hi Kris
Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
set the header and footer for each page.right now when i m taking
print out of a web page it is showing header for a first page only,
but i want the header for all pages.If u can help , please reply, it
is very urgent
thanks in advance
padam
Kris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Padam) wrote:
>
> > how to change the header and footer for printing of IE via code

> Browser owner can do that through the Print Preview, I believe.
> Authors cannot do anything about that, nor should they want to.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around 17 Nov 2003 20:30:31 -0800, Padam is reported to have
stated:

> Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
> set the header and footer for each page.right now when i m taking
> print out of a web page it is showing header for a first page only,
> but i want the header for all pages.If u can help , please reply, it
> is very urgent

Works for me.

Well, actually, it didn't print the page title on the first page, but it
did on the other pages (not sure what happened there), but all the other
information printed on every page. Is there any particular thing that isn't
printing (e.g. date, page title, etc)? Is it on all sites or just a
particular one?

BTW: Please don't post upside down.

Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

rf

"Padam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi Kris
> Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
> set the header and footer for each page.right now when i m taking
> print out of a web page it is showing header for a first page only,
> but i want the header for all pages.If u can help , please reply, it
> is very urgent

Have you not read all the replies you have?

You can not do this with code in a web page. It is a browser function over
which you have no control.

It's no use asking again and it dos not matter how urgent it is. You can't
do it.

Cheers
Richard.

> thanks in advance
> padam
> Kris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> > (E-Mail Removed) (Padam) wrote:
> >
> > > how to change the header and footer for printing of IE via code

> > Browser owner can do that through the Print Preview, I believe.
> > Authors cannot do anything about that, nor should they want to.

Sid Ismail

On 17 Nov 2003 20:30:31 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Padam) wrote:

: Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
: set the header and footer for each page.

You cannot - it is not an excel-type application.

Sid

Nico Schuyt

Sid Ismail wrote:
> Padam wrote:

>> Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
>> set the header and footer for each page.

> You cannot - it is not an excel-type application.

Ehh, what about my humble suggestion in the IE-thread:
A combination of CSS page-break-before :
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/pagebreak.htm
and
a header and footer that only show on printing:
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/footer_print.htm

Well, it doesn't change the standard IE footer but you can make any
addtional header/footer you want.
Nico

Padam

Hi Nico
This is also ok if we can provide additional header/footer, but what
i wants is, it should display header and footer on each page.so if u
have any solution please reply soon.its urgent
Thanks
Padam