Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > adding text to external link in new window

adding text to external link in new window

Mike

The subject may be a little confusing... What I'd like to do is like what
Hotmail does when one clicks on a link within an email there.

That is, the link opens in a new window, but at the top of the new window is
a framed area that says, "You are visiting a site outside of Hotmail. To
return to Hotmail, close this browser window." Looks like the link refers
to something in a cgi-bin directory with the actual link as an argument for
whatever program.

Any clues on how to do this?

Toby A Inkster

Mike wrote:

> The subject may be a little confusing... What I'd like to do is like what
> Hotmail does when one clicks on a link within an email there.

Do you have any server-side scripting? If not, you're out of luck.

If you do have server-side scripting, then don't do this.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS