Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > em mm px % ex ?

em mm px % ex ?

nobody

Hey,

I did a Google search but couldn't find much.

Could someone please explain to me all the possible browser measurements and
when one's a good idea and another isn't etc.

I know the obvious ones like px, %, and mm, but what the hell is em, ex,
etc?

Cheers

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:3fb4d47c$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hey,
>
> I did a Google search but couldn't find much.
>
> Could someone please explain to me all the possible browser
> measurements and when one's a good idea and another isn't etc.
>
> I know the obvious ones like px, %, and mm, but what the hell is em,
> ex, etc?
>
> Cheers

You must not have searched very hard, there are 147,000 results. Here's
one:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll/htmlcod...load_coolmenus

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

Sid Ismail

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:37:52 +1030, "nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Hey,
:
: I did a Google search but couldn't find much.
:
: Could someone please explain to me all the possible browser measurements and
: when one's a good idea and another isn't etc.
:
: I know the obvious ones like px, %, and mm, but what the hell is em, ex,
: etc?
:
: Cheers
:

http://www.elsid.co.za/download/css_fontsizes.htm

Sid

Jay

"Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94333B2FC9432arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158 ...
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
> news:3fb4d47c$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I did a Google search but couldn't find much.
> >
> > Could someone please explain to me all the possible browser
> > measurements and when one's a good idea and another isn't etc.
> >
> > I know the obvious ones like px, %, and mm, but what the hell is em,
> > ex, etc?
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> You must not have searched very hard, there are 147,000 results. Here's
> one:
>
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll/htmlcod...load_coolmenus

Or the user didn't know what to search for...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...css+font+sizes