Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > learning php

learning php

time waster

Where can I find a really really good tutorial for learning PHP?
Most I've seen so far only touch on the basics of what php is but don't explain
what else you can do with it.
Like one site did have the 700 plus possible commands that can be used by php.
What I want is a site that will explain more than just how to print "hello
world" or a name to the screen.

thank you all very much.

informant

"time waster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where can I find a really really good tutorial for learning PHP?
> Most I've seen so far only touch on the basics of what php is but don't

explain
> what else you can do with it.
> Like one site did have the 700 plus possible commands that can be used by

php.
> What I want is a site that will explain more than just how to print "hello
> world" or a name to the screen.
>
> thank you all very much.

You might try pinging "Richard" Bullis. He seems to know everything.

From: time waster <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: alt.html,alt.php
Subject: learning php
Date: 13 Nov 2003 19:23:08 -0800

Michael Wilcox

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...tutorial4.html
http://www.phpfreaks.com/
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com

Alex Cain

"informant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "time waster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Where can I find a really really good tutorial for learning PHP?
> > Most I've seen so far only touch on the basics of what php is but don't

> explain
> > what else you can do with it.
> > Like one site did have the 700 plus possible commands that can be used

by
> php.
> > What I want is a site that will explain more than just how to print

"hello
> > world" or a name to the screen.
> >
> > thank you all very much.

> You might try pinging "Richard" Bullis. He seems to know everything.

How many ****ing socks does Bullis HAVE now? Geezus.

sn-us!sn-xit-01!sn-xit-08!supernews.com!newsfeed.news2me.com!arclight.uor ego

n.edu!hammer.uoregon.edu!logbridge.uoregon.edu!pln-w!spln!dex!extra.newsguy.
> com!newsp.newsguy.com!drn
> From: time waster <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: alt.html,alt.php
> Subject: learning php
> Date: 13 Nov 2003 19:23:08 -0800

informant

"Alex Cain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "informant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "time waster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Where can I find a really really good tutorial for learning PHP?
> > > Most I've seen so far only touch on the basics of what php is but

don't
> > explain
> > > what else you can do with it.
> > > Like one site did have the 700 plus possible commands that can be used

> by
> > php.
> > > What I want is a site that will explain more than just how to print

> "hello
> > > world" or a name to the screen.
> > >
> > > thank you all very much.

> > You might try pinging "Richard" Bullis. He seems to know everything.
> >

> How many ****ing socks does Bullis HAVE now? Geezus.

I have no idea. I lost count after the first 50 or so. I'm surprised he
didn't sock up in misc.legal to find out if Supernews can tell him to ****
right off with his lawsuit threats.

sn-us!sn-xit-01!sn-xit-08!supernews.com!newsfeed.news2me.com!arclight.uor ego

n.edu!hammer.uoregon.edu!logbridge.uoregon.edu!pln-w!spln!dex!extra.newsguy.
> > com!newsp.newsguy.com!drn
> > From: time waster <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Newsgroups: alt.html,alt.php
> > Subject: learning php
> > Date: 13 Nov 2003 19:23:08 -0800

nobody

"time waster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where can I find a really really good tutorial for learning PHP?
> Most I've seen so far only touch on the basics of what php is but don't

explain
> what else you can do with it.
> Like one site did have the 700 plus possible commands that can be used by

php.
> What I want is a site that will explain more than just how to print "hello
> world" or a name to the screen.
>
> thank you all very much.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

Very good site. Has other languages etc too.

Default User

time waster wrote:

> Where can I find a really really good tutorial for learning PHP?
> Most I've seen so far only touch on the basics of what php is but don't explain
> what else you can do with it.
> Like one site did have the 700 plus possible commands that can be used by php.
> What I want is a site that will explain more than just how to print "hello
> world" or a name to the screen.
>
> thank you all very much.

The best source is http://php.net

That has a full manual and many other resources, and is run by the crew
that invented the language.

Brian Rodenborn

warstar

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:29:11 GMT, Default User
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>time waster wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find a really really good tutorial for learning PHP?
>> Most I've seen so far only touch on the basics of what php is but don't explain
>> what else you can do with it.
>> Like one site did have the 700 plus possible commands that can be used by php.
>> What I want is a site that will explain more than just how to print "hello
>> world" or a name to the screen.
>>
>> thank you all very much.

>The best source is http://php.net
>
>That has a full manual and many other resources, and is run by the crew
>that invented the language.
>

>Brian Rodenborn

hotscripts.com is ok sometime's and of course google works fine

Jamie Davison

I found that learning PHP is much easier to learn if you first ask yourself
"What do I need get done". PHP is a very broad and covers a lot of ground.
I started by passing variables from page to page to page and then learned
that I could do it much easier using session variables. I suppose this is
true for all programming languages really . . .

-JD

On 11/14/03 3:18 PM, in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
"warstar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:29:11 GMT, Default User
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> time waster wrote:
>>>
>>> Where can I find a really really good tutorial for learning PHP?
>>> Most I've seen so far only touch on the basics of what php is but don't
>>> explain
>>> what else you can do with it.
>>> Like one site did have the 700 plus possible commands that can be used by
>>> php.
>>> What I want is a site that will explain more than just how to print "hello
>>> world" or a name to the screen.
>>>
>>> thank you all very much.

>> The best source is http://php.net
>>
>> That has a full manual and many other resources, and is run by the crew
>> that invented the language.
>>

>> Brian Rodenborn

> hotscripts.com is ok sometime's and of course google works fine

Tom Smith

I have been trying to learn PHP for months...and I am not geeting
anywhere...I am too frustrated. I am going back to ASP.

Tom