Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > preload images

preload images

Morris

I've tried many different cods for preloading my images. I've tried the cut
and past method but the code still dosen't work. It seem easy. The coding is
short. Maybe I'm not putting my image locations right. All my images are
located in a image folder and they are not mixed with the web page files. Do
I need to put the web address for each image file I preload? The home web
page has downloaded. Can't I just add the scrip on that page and list the
images to perload? Do I have to put the address for each image I download?

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Wed, 12 Nov 2003 03:45:14 GMT, Morris is reported to have
stated:

> I've tried many different cods for preloading my images.

I've had much more success with trout.

> I've tried the cut
> and past method but the code still dosen't work. It seem easy. The coding is
> short. Maybe I'm not putting my image locations right. All my images are
> located in a image folder and they are not mixed with the web page files. Do
> I need to put the web address for each image file I preload? The home web
> page has downloaded. Can't I just add the scrip on that page and list the
> images to perload? Do I have to put the address for each image I download?

As usual, the missing URL would probably give us the information we need to
assist.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

David Dorward

Morris wrote:

> I've tried many different cods for preloading my images.

None of which you show us

> I've tried the cut and past method but the code still dosen't work.

Understanding usually beats copy/paste every time.

> It seem easy.

It is

> The coding is short.

Usually

> Maybe I'm not putting my image locations right.

The crystal ball is in the shop, its hard to tell

> All my images are located in a image folder and they are not mixed with
> the web page files.

So long as they have public URIs, that is irrelevent.

> Do I need to put the web address for each image file I preload?

Of course

> The home web page has downloaded.

Uh ha?

> Can't I just add the scrip on that page and list the images to perload?

Depends on the script

> Do I have to put the address for each image I download?

Usually

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

Morris

Cod are so much bigger and lots of fun..
OK! Here it is.
http://www.freewebs.com/atlanticaudubonsociety/
"Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1jc7gdacmad6e$.1i8o3lxim7vxi$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Sometime around Wed, 12 Nov 2003 03:45:14 GMT, Morris is reported to have
> stated:
>
> > I've tried many different cods for preloading my images.

> I've had much more success with trout.
>
> > I've tried the cut
> > and past method but the code still dosen't work. It seem easy. The

coding is
> > short. Maybe I'm not putting my image locations right. All my images are
> > located in a image folder and they are not mixed with the web page

files. Do
> > I need to put the web address for each image file I preload? The home

web
> > page has downloaded. Can't I just add the scrip on that page and list

the
> > images to perload? Do I have to put the address for each image I

download?

> As usual, the missing URL would probably give us the information we need

> assist.
>
> --
> Mark Parnell
> http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Morris

OK! Here it is.
http://www.freewebs.com/atlanticaudubonsociety/
"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bosp0q$a3m$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Morris wrote:
>
> > I've tried many different cods for preloading my images.

> None of which you show us
>
> > I've tried the cut and past method but the code still dosen't work.

> Understanding usually beats copy/paste every time.
>
> > It seem easy.

> It is
>
> > The coding is short.

> Usually
>
> > Maybe I'm not putting my image locations right.

> The crystal ball is in the shop, its hard to tell
>
> > All my images are located in a image folder and they are not mixed with
> > the web page files.

> So long as they have public URIs, that is irrelevent.
>
> > Do I need to put the web address for each image file I preload?

> Of course
>
> > The home web page has downloaded.

> Uh ha?
>
> > Can't I just add the scrip on that page and list the images to perload?

> Depends on the script
>
> > Do I have to put the address for each image I download?

> Usually
>
> --
> David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Morris:

> OK! Here it is.
> http://www.freewebs.com/atlanticaudubonsociety/

Back button! Back button! Squawking geese...

<bgsound SRC="CGoose.wav" LOOP="">

Other than the FrontPage and the frames, please stop using the
blink-on-hover for links, and the way overuse of the <center> element.
Centered text is hard to read.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.