Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML Formular question

HTML Formular question

Clemens Richter

Hello

I need a Input field where a PIN number is entered. Then this Pin should be
sent to my Application and it should be embedded into a few different <XML>
Tags. How can I do this? Is there a String concatenation possible in HTML? I
need to submit my Pin in the following format
.....<enteredPIN>1234</enderedPin> whereas 1234 is my Input in the INputfield

Someone an idea. Hope there is an easy way i dont wanna use Javascript

Thanks

Steve Pugh

"Clemens Richter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

You've multi-posted this to at least two different groups. That's not
a good idea - http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

>I need a Input field where a PIN number is entered. Then this Pin should be
>sent to my Application and it should be embedded into a few different <XML>
>Tags. How can I do this?

ASP, Perl, PHP, Cold Fusion, JSP, etc., etc.

>Is there a String concatenation possible in HTML?

No, HTML doesn't do anything. It's a markup language not a programming
language.

>need to submit my Pin in the following format
>....<enteredPIN>1234</enderedPin> whereas 1234 is my Input in the INputfield

Okay, whatever script on your server is handling the input from your
form simply needs to write that into whatever files or databases you
want your results in.

>Someone an idea. Hope there is an easy way i dont wanna use Javascript

Quite right, you want a solution that will always work.

Steve