Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to recieve a form in HTML- Urgent pls

How to recieve a form in HTML- Urgent pls

Anil Limbachia

I have a form in HTML and I want to place it in a Database ie Access, so
when user presses the SUBMIT button the form is in access. How do I do this
pls?

kayodeok

"Anil Limbachia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:KhLqb.5670$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a form in HTML and I want to place it in a Database ie
> Access, so when user presses the SUBMIT button the form is in
> access. How do I do this pls?

I assume you mean the data is in access i.e. the contents of the
form?

I have attempted this before for an intranet at work; very bad idea
and not reliable at all except perhaps for very small websites

What are the limitations of Access?
http://www.aspfaq.com/plain.asp?id=2195

--
Kayode Okeyode
http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

Michel

use mysql.
no problem

rgds,

Michel
"kayodeok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Anil Limbachia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:KhLqb.5670$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I have a form in HTML and I want to place it in a Database ie
> > Access, so when user presses the SUBMIT button the form is in
> > access. How do I do this pls?

> I assume you mean the data is in access i.e. the contents of the
> form?
>
> I have attempted this before for an intranet at work; very bad idea
> and not reliable at all except perhaps for very small websites
>
> What are the limitations of Access?
> http://www.aspfaq.com/plain.asp?id=2195
>
> --
> Kayode Okeyode
> http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

David Dorward

Anil Limbachia wrote:

> I have a form in HTML and I want to place it in a Database ie Access, so
> when user presses the SUBMIT button the form is in access. How do I do
> this pls?

You'll need a form handler, which is a program which sits at a URL (rather
then a static file). This accepts the form submission (specify the URL in
the action attribute of the <form>) and does whatever you want with it,
including inserting it in to a database.

The specifics depend on what language you write the program in (Perl CGI,
PHP, JSP, ASP, etc), and your choice of language depends on a number of
factors, including the support offered by your webserver.

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

Michel

I have to say I swore never to touch access again, for web applications.
(believe me, I did, some 3 years ago)
ODBC just doesn't cut it, if you would benchmark it and compare the results
with mysql and php (already mysql compatible)

Also, if you'd give it a go (let's say you spend 6 hours on mysql,
mysqlfront, phpadmin and php) you'll find this out for yourself.

Another primer..... it's as free as free can get.

Regards,

Michel

PS: ya need links to down some goodies? http://www.firepages.com.au
Download the point and click installation file and you're on your way to
your next smile.
includes, apache webserver, php 4.2.3, mod_perl and loads of examples.
a 2 minute download, 1 minute install and years of pleasure.

And if you really wanna do it right...... consider linux