Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > FTP download from another site

Reply
Thread Tools

FTP download from another site

 
 
Nico Schuyt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2003
In order to update a MySQL-database on my website I need to download data
(daily) from another site.
The other site is not accessible for PHP.
Is it possible to start an FTP batch file in my site in a HTML/PHP-page?
Regards, Nico


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Michel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2003
Yes it is.

Look for ftp_connect() on php.net

Regards,

Michel



"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fab65d4$0$191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In order to update a MySQL-database on my website I need to download data
> (daily) from another site.
> The other site is not accessible for PHP.
> Is it possible to start an FTP batch file in my site in a HTML/PHP-page?
> Regards, Nico
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nico Schuyt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2003
Michel wrote:
> "Nico Schuyt" wrote


>> Is it possible to start an FTP batch file in my site in a
>> HTML/PHP-page?


> Yes it is.
> Look for ftp_connect() on php.net


Well that just seems to be what I need. Thanks!
Regards, Nico


 
Reply With Quote
 
Michel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2003
You're welcome.
Good luck with the script.

Ah... I have found in some cases, I still do not have all the access I want.
I would like to rip a fileheader only from public FTP's. Something that
should be a walk in the park (get 384 bytes and parse the results)
Somehow.... I can't get it done.

If you, or anyone else could give me a push in the direction I should be
looking.... go ahead and make my day.

Regards,

Michel


"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fabe924$0$56506$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Michel wrote:
> > "Nico Schuyt" wrote

>
> >> Is it possible to start an FTP batch file in my site in a
> >> HTML/PHP-page?

>
> > Yes it is.
> > Look for ftp_connect() on php.net

>
> Well that just seems to be what I need. Thanks!
> Regards, Nico
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Toby A Inkster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2003
Michel wrote:

> I would like to rip a fileheader only from public FTP's. Something that
> should be a walk in the park (get 384 bytes and parse the results)
> Somehow.... I can't get it done.


You would need to implement your own FTP functions for this, using PHP's
lower level TCP stuff.

Much better if possible to communicate with the server in some other
(non-FTP) way, such as SSH or telnet.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132

 
Reply With Quote
 
Michel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2003
Yes, you're right of course.
Only thing is I can't have a clue on what would work on which server. It's
rather complicated and probably the only thing working in every situation
thanks,

M
"Toby A Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Michel wrote:
>
> > I would like to rip a fileheader only from public FTP's. Something that
> > should be a walk in the park (get 384 bytes and parse the results)
> > Somehow.... I can't get it done.

>
> You would need to implement your own FTP functions for this, using PHP's
> lower level TCP stuff.
>
> Much better if possible to communicate with the server in some other
> (non-FTP) way, such as SSH or telnet.
>
> --
> Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
> Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using Net/FTP to download a file (FTP Error 550) Jeff Miller Ruby 0 03-26-2009 05:50 PM
OT: ftp site to site Jeff Thies HTML 2 01-06-2005 02:07 AM
Net::FTP problems getting files from Windows FTP server, but not Linux FTP Server. D. Buck Perl Misc 2 06-29-2004 02:05 PM
FTP over SSL vs FTP over SSH someone Java 1 04-25-2004 03:30 PM



Advertisments