Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can't View Source code?

Can't View Source code?

David H

I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
looking at the source code on people's web pages.

Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Thanks!

David

PS: Windows XP, IE6

PeterMcC

David H wrote:
> I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
> looking at the source code on people's web pages.
>
> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
>
> Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Clearing the cache and the history files usually fixes it.
In IE that's:
Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files for the cache
and
Tools>Internet Options>History>Clear History for the history.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Matthias Gutfeldt

David H wrote:
> I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
> looking at the source code on people's web pages.
>
> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
>
> Any ideas on what is going wrong?
> PS: Windows XP, IE6

From what I found on google, this is due to cache issues. Check e.g.
<http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum10/3362.htm>

Matthias

Steve Pugh

"David H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
>looking at the source code on people's web pages.
>
>Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
>
>Any ideas on what is going wrong?
>

>PS: Windows XP, IE6

Empty your cache. When Windows IE fills the cache things like this
start to happen.

Steve

rf

"David H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AMIqb.25436$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
> looking at the source code on people's web pages.
>
> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
>
> Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Empty your cache. View source needs some spare cache space.

Cheers
Richard.

Sid Ismail

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:32:34 -0500, "David H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

:
: I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
: looking at the source code on people's web pages.
:
: Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:

Sid

PeterMcC

Sid Ismail wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:32:34 -0500, "David H" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>> I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
>> looking at the source code on people's web pages.
>>
>> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

> Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:

David, just in case you're unsure - Sid's joking.

--

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:05:06 -0000, "PeterMcC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Sid Ismail wrote:
: > On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:32:34 -0500, "David H" <(E-Mail Removed)>
: > wrote:
: >
: >>
: >> I've been trying to learn HTML, and part of what I have been doing is
: >> looking at the source code on people's web pages.
: >>
: >> Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?
: >
: >
: > Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:
:
: David, just in case you're unsure - Sid's joking.

Forgot to add the at the end, yes. )

Sid

PeterMcC

Sid Ismail wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:05:06 -0000, "PeterMcC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Sid Ismail wrote:

>>> Get a new computer. Or re-install your c:

>> David, just in case you're unsure - Sid's joking.

> Forgot to add the at the end, yes. )

Just thought you were going for super-subtle.

--

David Dorward wrote:
> David H wrote:
>
>>Now, suddenly, when I go to "view source" nothing happens?

>>PS: Windows XP, IE6

> A lot of people have suggested emptying your browser cache, and that will
> work. A better solution might be to switch to a different browser. Mozilla
> and Mozilla Firebird are excellent (<http://www.mozilla.org/>), Opera is
> pretty good, but sadly Safari is not available for Windows.

That makes as much sense as buying a new car because the ashtray is full.

Matthias