Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > force REFRESH after hitting back button

force REFRESH after hitting back button

Fredo Vincentis

I require my page to refresh everytime the user opens it, even if he hits
the BACK button. Is there any way I can achieve this?

My pages dynamically retrieve data from the server, and they have to be
updated evertime the user switches to a different page.

Thanks guys!

Toby A Inkster

Fredo Vincentis wrote:

> I require my page to refresh everytime the user opens it, even if he hits
> the BACK button. Is there any way I can achieve this?

In general, no. Most browsers have a policy of *always* retrieving pages
out of the cache for back button clicks.

I can't think of any Javascript method of doing it either, and even if
there were, it wouldn't work for thouse 10% to 15% who have Javascript
disabled.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS