Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > ------- HELP!!! MULTIPLE ACTIONS IN ONE FORM AND ONE SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

------- HELP!!! MULTIPLE ACTIONS IN ONE FORM AND ONE SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

Ice

------- HELP!!! MULTIPLE ACTIONS IN ONE FORM AND ONE SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

Hello!

Thanks for reading this in advance =)
I have a nice form which you can fill in etc etc, and when you hit SUBMIT I
want the page to do 2 things (email me and go to a page which sais Thanks
for submitting). I have pasted a small version of the page below, can you
please edit it so that it does what I want it to do, and email it me
((E-Mail Removed))? You'd really help me out!

<FORM enctype="text/plain" ACTION="(E-Mail Removed)" METHOD="POST">
<TR><TD> Full name: </TD><TD> <P ALIGN="RIGHT"><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Full
name" SIZE="20"></P> </TD><TD> * </TD></TR>
<TR><TD> Nick name: </TD><TD> <P ALIGN="RIGHT"><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Nick
name" SIZE="20"></P> </TD><TD> * </TD></TR>
<TR><TD> Age: </TD><TD> <P ALIGN="RIGHT"><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Age"
SIZE="20"></P> </TD><TD> * </TD></TR>
<TR><TD width=100%>
<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Submit form">
<INPUT TYPE="RESET" VALUE="Clear">
</FORM>

William Tasso

Ice wrote:
> ------- HELP!!! MULTIPLE ACTIONS IN ONE FORM AND ONE SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

Please don't shout.

> Hello!

How do you do?

> Thanks for reading this in advance =)
> I have a nice form which you can fill in etc etc, and when you hit
> SUBMIT I want the page to do 2 things (email me and go to a page
> which sais Thanks for submitting). I have pasted a small version of
> the page below, can you please edit it so that it does what I want it
> to do,

<form action="/formhandler.[1]" ...

the you just build up a script to perform your heart's desire.

> and email it me

sorry chum - you just gotta come back here to read it.

> You'd really help me out!

possibly, but this is a public forum, not a helpdesk

[1] asp, php, cgi, whatever your server will support
--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Grunff

Ice wrote:

> Thanks for reading this in advance =)

I didn't - I read it at the time of reading it.

--
Grunff

William Tasso

Grunff wrote:
> Ice wrote:
>
>> Thanks for reading this in advance =)

> I didn't - I read it at the time of reading it.

crystal ball broken?

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

David Dorward

Ice wrote:

> I have a nice form which you can fill in etc etc, and when you hit SUBMIT
> I want the page to do 2 things (email me and go to a page which sais
> Thanks for submitting).

Most form handlers do that anyway.

> <FORM enctype="text/plain" ACTION="(E-Mail Removed)"

Oh dear, you've been tricked in to thinking that mailto: as a form action is
practical.

See http://www.isolani.co.uk/newbie/mailto.html for why it isn't and
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/ for the right way to go about things.

--