Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > click to expand

click to expand

Ron Black

Hello,

I want to have "click to expand" links on a website. Example: click the
heading to view the "hidden" paragraph or list.

I have not idea what to look for in trying to do this. Is it dhtml or
javascripting or what?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Brett

Here is a good script that will do what you need.
http://www.onlinetools.org/tools/domcollapse.php

--
Brett
Provision Tech

"Ron Black" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HKzob.5949$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hello,
>
> I want to have "click to expand" links on a website. Example: click the
> heading to view the "hidden" paragraph or list.
>
> I have not idea what to look for in trying to do this. Is it dhtml or
> javascripting or what?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ron

Jukka K. Korpela

"Ron Black" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I want to have "click to expand" links on a website. Example: click the
> heading to view the "hidden" paragraph or list.

Stop wanting that. Use normal links that point to something normal.

Make a heading point to a page containing the full story. Perhaps put a few
words about the contents under the heading. Or maybe let the heading be just
a heading, insert a sentence or two below it, and then: "Read more:

What could be simpler _and_ easier to users, in different ways?

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/