Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to add a counter to a link

How to add a counter to a link

The Snoozing Team

Hi!

I want to know wich way i can use to know how many
time somebody clic on a specific link.....
This page his not host on my server and i dont have any way to
look on the log.

If it's not possible, can i link to a page who redirect automaticly
to another page and put a counter to the first page and how
to do it

LINK ==>page with counter and redirection ==> WEB page

This redirection as to be transparent for the user....

Thank

William Tasso

The Snoozing Team wrote:
> I want to know wich way i can use to know how many
> time somebody clic on a specific link.....

Most just click once, althogh there will always be a few with click-mania

> This page his not host on my server and i dont have any way to
> look on the log.

which page - source or target?

> If it's not possible, can i link to a page who redirect automaticly
> to another page and put a counter to the first page and how
> to do it
>
> LINK ==>page with counter and redirection ==> WEB page

yes

> This redirection as to be transparent for the user....

maybe - depends on the server resources.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Michael Wilcox

William Tasso <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> LINK ==>page with counter and redirection ==> WEB page

> yes

So a PHP page with a counter and standard redirect is good? I know this
wouldn't show exactly how many complete a download, but it's a good
estimate.
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com

William Tasso

Michael Wilcox wrote:
> William Tasso <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> LINK ==>page with counter and redirection ==> WEB page

>> yes

> So a PHP page with a counter and standard redirect is good?

Good? I don't know. However it is how a lot of people do it.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Michael Wilcox

William Tasso <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Good? I don't know. However it is how a lot of people do it.

So what would be a better way for those of us without access to server logs
to count downloads?
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com

The Snoozing Team

For myself its not to count download

I have a page here http://www.thesnoozingteam.8k.com/
I just want to know how many times the french button and
the english button is hit by people to acces the french or
the english version of this site: http://www.thesnoozingteam.com/

What will be the code if i do a page like www.french.8k.com and
www.english.8k.com to put betwen my page and the official page.
I will put a Andale Counter to that page but with a tranparent redirection
for the user......

P.S. That is not spamming. It's just to show you exactly what i want to do

Thanks

news:EXEob.14136$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...