Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > "Why tables for layout is stupid"

"Why tables for layout is stupid"

kayodeok

Why tables for layout is stupid
http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

I particularly like this page:
http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/07better.html

(The images are a little slow to load and if anyone is curious, there
are 33 pages in total)

--
Kayode Okeyode
http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

Mark Parnell

Sometime around 30 Oct 2003 22:20:04 GMT, kayodeok is reported to have
stated:

> Why tables for layout is stupid
> http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/04beginning.html

HTML 3.2?

Still, other than that it looks good.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Sometime around 30 Oct 2003 22:20:04 GMT, kayodeok is reported to have
> stated:
>

>>Why tables for layout is stupid
>>http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

> http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/04beginning.html
>
> HTML 3.2?
>
> Still, other than that it looks good.

They do look good. But I havn't yet been able
to figure out what in the world the two big blocks
of JavaScript in the source of each page are about.
Continuing analysis...........
--
Cheers, m

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:26:56 GMT, m is reported to have
stated:
>> Sometime around 30 Oct 2003 22:20:04 GMT, kayodeok is reported to have
>> stated:
>>
>>>http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

> They do look good. But I havn't yet been able
> to figure out what in the world the two big blocks
> of JavaScript in the source of each page are about.
> Continuing analysis...........

I didn't even look at the code. For all I know, they could be using tables
for layout!

I don't know much about Javascript, but that _does_ look strange...

--

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Sometime around Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:26:56 GMT, m is reported to have
> stated:
>
>>>Sometime around 30 Oct 2003 22:20:04 GMT, kayodeok is reported to have
>>>stated:

>>They do look good. But I havn't yet been able
>>to figure out what in the world the two big blocks
>>of JavaScript in the source of each page are about.
>>Continuing analysis...........

> I didn't even look at the code. For all I know, they could be using tables
> for layout!
>
> I don't know much about Javascript, but that _does_ look strange...

Yeah. I've got it in an editor now, trying to format it in some
vaguely readable way. The answer must come!

--
Cheers, m

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Mark Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)>
feverishly typed:

[...]
> I don't know much about Javascript,

.... but you know what you like?

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!

Richard

kayodeok wrote:

> Why tables for layout is stupid
> http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

> I particularly like this page:
> http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/07better.html

> (The images are a little slow to load and if anyone is curious, there
> are 33 pages in total)

90% Bullshit.

> --
> Kayode Okeyode
> http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

Josh Lee

m wrote:

> Mark Parnell wrote:
>> Sometime around 30 Oct 2003 22:20:04 GMT, kayodeok is reported to have
>> stated:
>>
>>>Why tables for layout is stupid
>>>http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

> They do look good. But I havn't yet been able
> to figure out what in the world the two big blocks
> of JavaScript in the source of each page are about.
> Continuing analysis...........

It encodes their email addresses, to protect against spambots. If you
turn of javascript, then reload the page, their addresses will disappear.

--
josh ^_^

Josh Lee wrote:
> m wrote:
>

>>Mark Parnell wrote:
>>
>>>Sometime around 30 Oct 2003 22:20:04 GMT, kayodeok is reported to have
>>>stated:

>>They do look good. But I havn't yet been able
>>to figure out what in the world the two big blocks
>>of JavaScript in the source of each page are about.
>>Continuing analysis...........

> It encodes their email addresses, to protect against spambots. If you
> turn of javascript, then reload the page, their addresses will disappear.

Jeez! Seems like they could do it with a little less code.

--
Cheers, m

informant

"Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> kayodeok wrote:
>
> > Why tables for layout is stupid
> > http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

> > I particularly like this page:
> > http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/07better.html

> > (The images are a little slow to load and if anyone is curious, there
> > are 33 pages in total)

> 90% Bullshit.

Care to expound on that statement, Mr. Bullis?

From: "Richard" <anom@anom>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Subject: Re: "Why tables for layout is stupid"
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:43:07 -0600