Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Need to find way around "resizable=no" like IE 5.01 used to do

Need to find way around "resizable=no" like IE 5.01 used to do

DU

Toby A Inkster wrote:

> DU wrote:
>

>>As far as I know, Opera 7.x always allow a window to be resized. Even an
>>user can NOT give scripters the power to turn off a window's
>>resizability.

> You are right.
>

>>I think you may be mixed up with scrollbars (View/Scrollbars Ctrl+F7)

> Actually I had it mixed up with the "Allow JavaScript to Resize Windows"
> option.

I even wrote in a bugzilla bugfile that Opera 6.x always had its windows
resizable by the user.
You were mixed up and you know well browsers: just imagine avg. users
now... They get really mixed up with settings, user prefs, etc..

DU

Blinky the Shark

Peabody wrote:

> Blinky the Shark says...

> >> Bad news. I installed Proxomitron, but was unable to
> >> find any setting that allowed the window to come up at
> >> all, and also enabled the Maximize command.

> > You can write your own filters for Proxo, if there isn't
> > one already supplied to do what you wish. It's
> > extremely versitile.

> > Probable help here: http://asp.flaaten.dk/proxo/

> > Besides the forums themselves, you can probably be
> > directed to the home-brew and author filters archives.
> > Might already be something there that works, but that
> > doesn't ship with Proxo.

> Ok, thanks very much, Blinky. Apparently the problem is
> that none of the default filters keys on the exact way the
> resize function is being turned off - the exact language to
> match on, I mean.

As you say, those are the defaults -- did you explore others,
via those links?

> Is there a way to see what the source code is for this kind
> of Flash window? I can do that on a normal window - select
> Source in the View menu. But there's no such option that
> I can see in this case. Is there any way to see that code?
> If so, I think I could just write my own filter.

I don't know a darned thing about Flash, Peabody. Sorry about
that. But don't give up on Proxo -- if you *can* figure out what
you need to match, it seemingly can do just about anything.

--
Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
Microsoft, 23 Oct: "As a result of challenges to our business model,

Peabody

Blinky the Shark says...

> I don't know a darned thing about Flash, Peabody. Sorry
> about that. But don't give up on Proxo -- if you *can*
> figure out what you need to match, it seemingly can do
> just about anything.

Yep. Found a filter this morning at the forum. And it
seems to work.

Thanks very much to you, Toby and DU for the help.

Blinky the Shark

Peabody wrote:

> Blinky the Shark says...

> > I don't know a darned thing about Flash, Peabody. Sorry
> > about that. But don't give up on Proxo -- if you *can*
> > figure out what you need to match, it seemingly can do
> > just about anything.

> Yep. Found a filter this morning at the forum. And it
> seems to work.

Good deal. Glad you scored. And enjoy Proxo for its other
capabiities, as well.