Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Streaming MP3 Audio

Reply
Thread Tools

Streaming MP3 Audio

 
 
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2003
Hi,

I'd like to stream MP3 audio from my php based site. My old server allowed
me to use Andromeda and it worked great. My new site doesn't work and I
can't figure out why. You can see what I mean here: http://ada.jcsm.org,
http://60songs.jcsm.org, and http://mp3.jcsm.org.

If someone can give me a code that I can stick in the hyperlink and a file
or php code for the server, I'd really appreciate it. Any advice is great,
too. I'm not having trouble with downloads, just streaming.

Sincerely,
Jason Gastrich


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Spartanicus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2003
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:

>I'd like to stream MP3 audio


http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

--
Spartanicus
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PeterMcC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2003
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to stream MP3 audio from my php based site. My old server
> allowed me to use Andromeda and it worked great. My new site doesn't
> work and I can't figure out why. You can see what I mean here:
> http://ada.jcsm.org, http://60songs.jcsm.org, and http://mp3.jcsm.org.
>
> If someone can give me a code that I can stick in the hyperlink and a
> file or php code for the server, I'd really appreciate it. Any
> advice is great, too. I'm not having trouble with downloads, just
> streaming.


Put a plain text file with the extension m3u as the linked file -
href="filename.m3u" - and put the name of the mp3 file in the m3u file.

--
PeterMcC
If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
inappropriate or offensive in any way,
please ignore it and accept my apologies.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2003
Excellent. That site shows exactly what to do.

I had some friends test the streaming function on my site. They said it
works! I have personally tried it with two computers and it didn't work.
Both were broadband connections, too. So, I can't figure out why it
wouldn't work.

I used this script (from your link) and it got to the same point the current
script gets to. It opens Winamp and doesn't play. So, I assume it could be
working for others. Link: <a href="http://jcsm.net/ADA/Devos322.m3u"
type="audio/x-mpegurl" >Play music</a>

Any idea why this isn't working for me? I tried to figure it out for about
an hour or so, today. No luck, though.

Thanks,
Jason

Spartanicus wrote:
> Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
>
>> I'd like to stream MP3 audio

>
> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm



 
Reply With Quote
 
Spartanicus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2003
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:

>I used this script (from your link) and it got to the same point the current
>script gets to.


Redirector file, not a script.

>It opens Winamp and doesn't play. So, I assume it could be
>working for others. Link: <a href="http://jcsm.net/ADA/Devos322.m3u"
>type="audio/x-mpegurl" >Play music</a>
>
>Any idea why this isn't working for me? I tried to figure it out for about
>an hour or so, today. No luck, though.


Make sure that there is a CR/LF after the url in the m3u file, I've had
some reports that without that some systems refuse to start the audio.

--
Spartanicus
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2003
Spartanicus wrote:
> Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
>
>> I used this script (from your link) and it got to the same point the
>> current script gets to.

>
> Redirector file, not a script.
>
>> It opens Winamp and doesn't play. So, I assume it could be
>> working for others. Link: <a href="http://jcsm.net/ADA/Devos322.m3u"
>> type="audio/x-mpegurl" >Play music</a>
>>
>> Any idea why this isn't working for me? I tried to figure it out
>> for about an hour or so, today. No luck, though.

>
> Make sure that there is a CR/LF after the url in the m3u file, I've
> had some reports that without that some systems refuse to start the
> audio.


What is a CR/LF?

JG


 
Reply With Quote
 
Spartanicus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2003
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:

>> Make sure that there is a CR/LF after the url in the m3u file, I've
>> had some reports that without that some systems refuse to start the
>> audio.

>
>What is a CR/LF?


Carriage Return/Line Feed (press enter after the url in the m3u file so
that you have a blank line beneath the url).

--
Spartanicus
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2003
Spartanicus wrote:
> Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
>
>>> Make sure that there is a CR/LF after the url in the m3u file, I've
>>> had some reports that without that some systems refuse to start the
>>> audio.

>>
>> What is a CR/LF?

>
> Carriage Return/Line Feed (press enter after the url in the m3u file
> so that you have a blank line beneath the url).


I get the same thing with a blank line beneath the url.

JG


 
Reply With Quote
 
Spartanicus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-31-2003
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:

>I get the same thing with a blank line beneath the url.


What happens when you feed Winamp the url to the m3u file directly? Any
software like a firewall blocking Winamp's attempt to connect to remote
resources?

--
Spartanicus
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-31-2003
Spartanicus wrote:
> Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
>
>> I get the same thing with a blank line beneath the url.

>
> What happens when you feed Winamp the url to the m3u file directly?


This worked! Good idea. What do you think this means?

> Any software like a firewall blocking Winamp's attempt to connect to
> remote resources?


I mulled around my Norton Internet Security, yesterday. I thought it may be
blocking the script or something. I was unable to find any blocking or
remedy.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Jason


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3GP to MP3 Convert 3GP to MP3 using 3GP MP3 Converter music-fan DVD Video 0 12-24-2009 04:58 AM
Testing: Streaming MP3 audio feed to VoIP Soruk UK VOIP 35 03-19-2009 11:09 AM
streaming mp3 the idiot HTML 7 07-02-2005 12:11 AM
Converting streaming audio to MP3 files. Alasdair Baxter Computer Support 4 05-08-2005 01:49 PM



Advertisments