Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Streaming MP3 Audio

Streaming MP3 Audio

Spartanicus

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:

>> What happens when you feed Winamp the url to the m3u file directly?

>This worked! Good idea. What do you think this means?

More info is needed:

1) What browser are you using?
2) Any error message from Winamp?
3) When launched via your browser, does the url to the m3u file show up
in Winamp's display?
4) What version of Winamp? (if 3 try 2.x)
5) What happens when you double click on a m3u file on your local drive?
6) Are you testing this by loading the page from the web, from a local
test server or from your local drive?

--
Spartanicus

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.

Spartanicus wrote:
> Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
>
>>> What happens when you feed Winamp the url to the m3u file directly?

>> This worked! Good idea. What do you think this means?

> More info is needed:
>
> 1) What browser are you using?

IE6

> 2) Any error message from Winamp?

No. It opens and just doesn't play. Clicking play doesn't help.

> 3) When launched via your browser, does the url to the m3u file show
> up in Winamp's display?

When launched via my browser, I get this error:

IE cannot download Devos322.m3u from jcsm.net. IE was not able to open this
internet site.

> 4) What version of Winamp? (if 3 try 2.x)

It doesn't work with 3.0 or 2.81 (unless I manually put the url in 3.0).

> 5) What happens when you double click on a m3u file on your local
> drive?

When I do this, it opens Winamp and stalls.

6) Are you testing this by loading the page from the web, from
> a local test server or from your local drive?

I've tried it from the web and my hard drive.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this.

Regards,
Jason

Spartanicus

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:

>> 3) When launched via your browser, does the url to the m3u file show
>> up in Winamp's display?

>When launched via my browser, I get this error:
>
>IE cannot download Devos322.m3u from jcsm.net. IE was not able to open this
>internet site.

That should prevent Winamp from starting, yet you say it does. Normally
IE finds the m3u file and only then does it look in the registry for the
default handler for that file/mime type.

>> 4) What version of Winamp? (if 3 try 2.x)

>It doesn't work with 3.0 or 2.81 (unless I manually put the url in 3.0).

If you have both, which version is the registered handler for the m3u
file type?

>> 5) What happens when you double click on a m3u file on your local
>> drive?

>When I do this, it opens Winamp and stalls.

Is there a path open to the resource? (is there an internet connection
open)

--
Spartanicus

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.

Spartanicus wrote:
> Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
>
>>> 3) When launched via your browser, does the url to the m3u file show
>>> up in Winamp's display?

>> When launched via my browser, I get this error:
>>
>> IE cannot download Devos322.m3u from jcsm.net. IE was not able to
>> open this internet site.

> That should prevent Winamp from starting, yet you say it does.
> Normally IE finds the m3u file and only then does it look in the
> registry for the default handler for that file/mime type.
>
>>> 4) What version of Winamp? (if 3 try 2.x)

>> It doesn't work with 3.0 or 2.81 (unless I manually put the url in
>> 3.0).

> If you have both, which version is the registered handler for the m3u
> file type?

3.0 generally opens, but I've tried it with both.

>>> 5) What happens when you double click on a m3u file on your local
>>> drive?

>> When I do this, it opens Winamp and stalls.

> Is there a path open to the resource? (is there an internet connection
> open)

I have an always-on, broadband connection.

JG

Testing: Streaming MP3 audio feed to VoIP Soruk UK VOIP 35 03-19-2009 11:09 AM
streaming mp3 the idiot HTML 7 07-02-2005 12:11 AM
Converting streaming audio to MP3 files. Alasdair Baxter Computer Support 4 05-08-2005 01:49 PM

Advertisments