Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Book Advice

Book Advice

Wayne Wengert

I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a decent
background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had to deal with CSS
until now. I inherited some web pages that make extensive use of CSS linked
files.

Ideally, I'd like a book with a good overview tutorial and with references
and real-world examples up through the intermediate level.

Any suggestions?

--
------------------------------------
Wayne Wengert

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Wayne Wengert"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:3f9bfb80$0$197$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a decent
> background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had to deal with
> CSS until now. I inherited some web pages that make extensive use of
> CSS linked files.
>
> Ideally, I'd like a book with a good overview tutorial and with
> references and real-world examples up through the intermediate level.
>
> Any suggestions?

I didn't learn CSS from a book. There are plenty of CSS tutorials and
resources.
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
http://www.westciv.com/style_master/.../css_tutorial/
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/

You might also want to get yourself a good CSS editor. I like
http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

Wayne Wengert

Adrienne;

Thanks for the advice and the links - I'll pursue them

Wayne

"Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94205CE59E708arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158 ...
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Wayne Wengert"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
> news:3f9bfb80$0$197$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a decent
> > background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had to deal with
> > CSS until now. I inherited some web pages that make extensive use of
> > CSS linked files.
> >
> > Ideally, I'd like a book with a good overview tutorial and with
> > references and real-world examples up through the intermediate level.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >

> I didn't learn CSS from a book. There are plenty of CSS tutorials and
> resources.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
> http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
> http://www.westciv.com/style_master/.../css_tutorial/
> http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/
>
> You might also want to get yourself a good CSS editor. I like
> http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle
>
> --
> Adrienne Boswell
> http://www.arbpen.com

kayodeok

"Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:3f9bfb80$0$197$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a
> decent background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had
> to deal with CSS until now. I inherited some web pages that make
> extensive use of CSS linked files.

I learnt HTML mostly by reading:

HTML for the World Wide Web with XHTML and CSS 5th Edition
by Elisabeth Castro

I have been lurking here for almost a year and here are the
collection of links I have gathered:

http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk.../webdesign.htm

--
Kayode Okeyode
http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

Cianan Delahunty

Don't buy a book, there are plenty of free tutorials about the web that do
it just as good. CSS isn't really difficult at all to learn, you can get
the general idea of how things work in about fifteen minutes, and from
there, it's just a matter of having access to a list of properties.

I'd suggest w3schools' page at: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Duil agam go seo cuidiú!
- CdG

------