Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > html code

html code

Nicolai P. Zwar

KCL wrote:

> hey,
>
> i wan't to know, what the html code is too block the BUTTON save the picture
> as, print the picture, mail the picture and the last one is open my document
> map.

<noprintnobuttonnomailandnofriggin'otherfunnystuff >
</noprintnobuttonnomailandnofriggin'otherfunnystuff>

> the page is all ready have a right click protection.

Advanced coders go for the outright
"block-mouse-and-keyboard-completely" protection, which will not allow
users to leave your site. Ever. Therefore, they cannot steal anything.

> can somebody help me?
> i hope that you can understand what i'm meaning.

Do you really think so called "right click protection" wil do you any
good? The chances are it will unnecessarily annoy at least some of your
visitors, while it will do nothing to protect your content. It would
certainly annoy me, because I routinely right click on links; sometimes
I want to open a page in a new window, sometimes I don't. You may be
right when you say that some users may indeed not know how to circumvent
whatever tricks you might implement to protect your content, but believe
me, those people who would actually want to steal your content are not
among them.

--
Nicolai Zwar
http://www.nicolaizwar.com

Richard

rf wrote:

> "KCL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f9b05d9$0$166$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> "Richard" <anom@anom> schreef in bericht
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> the

>> my

>> > No problem. I just click on the file menu, save as... and I have

>> your
>> entire
>> > page complete with graphics.
>> > You forget, I already have the image in my cache. All I have to do

>> is

> look
>> > for the name and save it to another folder.

>> i know that, not everybody is so smart on internet.

> One does not have to be that smart. One just has to know how to left
> click
> an image and drag/drop it somewhere else. I'd bet there are hundreds
> of
> millions of people out there who know how to do this.

Does not work in IE6.

> This issue comes up at least once a week here. The answer is: there is
> nothing at all you can do to stop people stealing your pictures,
> except to
> not put them on a web server. Read the links others have provided you
> with.

> Cheers
> Richard.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:19:18 -0600, Richard is reported to
have stated:

>> One does not have to be that smart. One just has to know how to left
>> click
>> an image and drag/drop it somewhere else. I'd bet there are hundreds
>> of
>> millions of people out there who know how to do this.

> Does not work in IE6.

Does here.

BTW: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

rf

"Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> rf wrote:

> >> i know that, not everybody is so smart on internet.

> > One does not have to be that smart. One just has to know how to left
> > click
> > an image and drag/drop it somewhere else. I'd bet there are hundreds
> > of
> > millions of people out there who know how to do this.

> Does not work in IE6.

Does here.

Cheers
Richard.

informant

"Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hdfofb1urf3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sometime around Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:19:18 -0600, Richard is reported to
> have stated:
> >
> >> One does not have to be that smart. One just has to know how to left
> >> click
> >> an image and drag/drop it somewhere else. I'd bet there are hundreds
> >> of
> >> millions of people out there who know how to do this.

> > Does not work in IE6.
> >

> Does here.
>
> BTW: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html

It's not surprising "Richard" the St00pid Bullis can't operate his browser.

--
Photos of Bullis
http://www.lart.com/stupidrichard/

http://www.databasix.com/~cipher/RtS/index1.html
The S.P.U.T.U.M. Lamers Gallery
http://www.sputum.com/shame.html
CENKOC Richard S. Bullis,
Clueless Eternal Newbie Kook of the Century (Jan, 1901-Jan, 2001)

informant

"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6i2nb.166759$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > One does not have to be that smart. One just has to know how to left
> > > click
> > > an image and drag/drop it somewhere else. I'd bet there are hundreds
> > > of
> > > millions of people out there who know how to do this.

> > Does not work in IE6.

> Does here.

I'm sure you have realized by now that "Richard" the St00pid Bullis knows
little, understands less and is all but incapable of operating his computer
correctly. Here's a little bit more about Bullis.

--
Photos of Bullis
http://www.lart.com/stupidrichard/
http://convict.iwarp.com/bullis-single.jpg
Richard Bullis FAQ 5.0
http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/

http://www.databasix.com/~cipher/RtS/index1.html
The S.P.U.T.U.M. Lamers Gallery
http://www.sputum.com/shame.html
CENKOC Richard S. Bullis,
Clueless Eternal Newbie Kook of the Century (Jan, 1901-Jan, 2001)

KCL

"Nicolai P. Zwar" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:bngllr$nhb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> KCL wrote:
>
> > hey,
> >
> > i wan't to know, what the html code is too block the BUTTON save the

picture
> > as, print the picture, mail the picture and the last one is open my

document
> > map.

> <noprintnobuttonnomailandnofriggin'otherfunnystuff >
> </noprintnobuttonnomailandnofriggin'otherfunnystuff>
>
> > the page is all ready have a right click protection.

> Advanced coders go for the outright
> "block-mouse-and-keyboard-completely" protection, which will not allow
> users to leave your site. Ever. Therefore, they cannot steal anything.
>
> > can somebody help me?
> > i hope that you can understand what i'm meaning.

> Do you really think so called "right click protection" wil do you any
> good? The chances are it will unnecessarily annoy at least some of your
> visitors, while it will do nothing to protect your content. It would
> certainly annoy me, because I routinely right click on links; sometimes
> I want to open a page in a new window, sometimes I don't. You may be
> right when you say that some users may indeed not know how to circumvent
> whatever tricks you might implement to protect your content, but believe
> me, those people who would actually want to steal your content are not
> among them.
>
> --
> Nicolai Zwar
> http://www.nicolaizwar.com

Is this the code for the picture protection? (you kidding me, what a strange
html code) [when this is real, where must i set this html code? In <head>
<noprintnobuttonnomailandnofriggin'otherfunnystuff >
</noprintnobuttonnomailandnofriggin'otherfunnystuff>

It's only for the fun the 'right click protection', i have set a automatic
refresh html code in the page. My website is in 2 frames, the button on the
top (there is no right or any protection) only some site in mijn mainframe
is protected.

Kris

In article <3f9d598d$0$56502$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"KCL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It's only for the fun the 'right click protection', i have set a automatic
> refresh html code in the page. My website is in 2 frames, the button on the
> top (there is no right or any protection) only some site in mijn mainframe
> is protected.

Kids, don't try this in the real world.

--
Kris
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)

KCL

er zijn geen regels verbonden, wat je wel of niet mag in een website!!!
Het keus ligt bij je eigen hoe je het zelf wilt hebben. In real world praten
we al over PHP etc etc (hoewel html nog voorkomt)
"Kris" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> In article <3f9d598d$0$56502$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "KCL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > It's only for the fun the 'right click protection', i have set a

automatic
> > refresh html code in the page. My website is in 2 frames, the button on

the
> > top (there is no right or any protection) only some site in mijn

mainframe
> > is protected.

> Kids, don't try this in the real world.
>
> --
> Kris
> (E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)

Kris

In article <3f9d8e53$0$171$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"KCL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[top posting fixed]

> "Kris" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> > In article <3f9d598d$0$56502$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "KCL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > It's only for the fun the 'right click protection', i have set a

> automatic
> > > refresh html code in the page. My website is in 2 frames, the button on

> the
> > > top (there is no right or any protection) only some site in mijn

> mainframe
> > > is protected.

> > Kids, don't try this in the real world.

> er zijn geen regels verbonden, wat je wel of niet mag in een website!!!
> Het keus ligt bij je eigen hoe je het zelf wilt hebben. In real world praten
> we al over PHP etc etc (hoewel html nog voorkomt)

Que?

<translation>
There are no rules for what you can or cannot do in a website!!! The
choice lies with you and how you want to have it. In the real world we
talk about PHP (although HTML still exists).
</translation>

This sounds to me like you have not a clue about neither PHP or HTML.
PHP is a server side scripting language that can output HTML. HTML has
its applications client side, not server side. Hence, PHP and HTML are
two different beasts and the indirect claim that one is a subset of the
other is utter nonsense.

Concerning your claim that there are no rules, I strongly recommend
reading up at <http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/> and <http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/>.
If a serious career in front end webdevelopment is among your
aspirations, these resources cannot be ignored.

<lecture>
As for talking Dutch to me personally, rather drop me an e-mail. If you
however want to engage in Usenet discussion, stick to the rules and
language preferred in this group.
</lecture>

--
Kris