Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > colspan and rowspan problems

colspan and rowspan problems

Bruce W...1

Can anyone refer me to an article on how IE renders columns and rows in
a table? I'm trying to setup a complicated table. I've never had a
problem with colspan (column spanning) but when I start using rowspan
everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they should.

Thanks for your help.

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:53:44 -0400, "Bruce W...1" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

: Can anyone refer me to an article on how IE renders columns and rows in
: a table? I'm trying to setup a complicated table. I've never had a
: problem with colspan (column spanning) but when I start using rowspan
: everything goes to hell in a handbasket.
:
: My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they should.

Never seen IE render rowspans differently. URL?

Sid

Jerry Perkins

Bruce W...1 wrote:

> Can anyone refer me to an article on how IE renders columns and rows
> in
> a table? I'm trying to setup a complicated table. I've never had a
> problem with colspan (column spanning) but when I start using
> rowspan everything goes to hell in a handbasket.
>
> My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they
> should.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I use both rowspan and colspan and have not had any problem when
checking the code on 5 diffent browsers.
Then I saw my page on someones Microsoft Internet Explorer. This
was on a system that was less than one year old. The colspan would
not work. They need to fix it.
I also noted other very basic items that Microsoft Internet
Explorer did not do right. I just do not recomend using it.
--
Jerry Perkins
http://www.jperkins.us/